free website stats program Throttle by Wire | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Throttle by Wire

Too bad the MOCO doesnt let us know about these things. I have a little warranty left...I'll be addressing this issue this week.

Thanks guys...:s

Too bad the MOCO doesnt let us know about these things. I have a little warranty left...I'll be addressing this issue this week.

Thanks guys...:s

IMO, the MOCO plays the law of averages. By this I mean that if they don't notify owners of something that needs to be done to the bike, then they don't have to reimburse the dealers $$$ for work performed to correct an issue. I guess it translates to a lot of $$$ and that is what they are about unfortunately instead of correcting the issue with a notice to the customer like other companies do.

when i go into the dealer do i tell them i want the TBW upgrade/download & this should be free? ..

Is there a way to determine if you need a particuar download? Is there someplace that we can go to see what downloads are available?

Is there a way to determine if you need a particuar download? Is there someplace that we can go to see what downloads are available?

In defense of the Bad Practices of HD Co.

One reason the HD company Doesn't "tell all" IS just this reason, Ever-one will want it even if NOT needed... IF Working GOOD, don't worry about it... If throttle ISN"T working good and you have LAG time on the throttle It will need to go in for "the" service.. I would Imagine the place you bought your bike will TRY the throttle and see if it is working properly,,,, IF you can't tell,, and go from there..

signed....BUBBIE

IMO, the MOCO plays the law of averages. By this I mean that if they don't notify owners of something that needs to be done to the bike, then they don't have to reimburse the dealers $$$ for work performed to correct an issue. I guess it translates to a lot of $$$ and that is what they are about unfortunately instead of correcting the issue with a notice to the customer like other companies do.

Yep Boss, but this one has serious problems and should be a DOT recall IMO

Remember tho the trottle by wire has failsafes built in if it fails it goes to limp mode
WAP.gif

Oh,, I am sure that is the Theory of it 99.99% of the time. It's the .01% that scares me.

Here's the deal. I called my dealer today and they know nothing about a download to fix the TBW. The service manager even admitted that the TBW's on most of the earlier models have a strange feel. He is going to look into it further and call me back (yea right). I will be calling him back.

Someone please get me the information of your dealer that downloaded a fix for yours. I want to put them in contact with my dealer. Too bad the closest dealer is 100 miles from me.

Thanks Guys...

Back