free website stats program three twisted sisters | Harley Davidson Forums

three twisted sisters

Cajun Ultra

the wife and i are leaving sept 28 to ride the sisters. i have seen alot on the net about places but if you know of something that will help the trip, about a 4 day trip let me know tks mike

the wife and i are leaving sept 28 to ride the sisters. i have seen alot on the net about places but if you know of something that will help the trip, about a 4 day trip let me know tks mike

Coming from the east into sisters, If you go Left RIGHT out of town, First Left lane, It takes you to the lava area and Twisted road on Narrow two lane..
Loop on the map and it will show the route.. I do Prefer to go to the North and then around and back UP the Lava road.. Corners much nicer Up Hill rather than down.. it IS a must ride and see....

IF traffic is BUSSY in town(headed east thru town) it can be a Long stop and go process to go 3 blocks... I head one block north (Left), then take a Right and run Parallel with main street headed east... and avert ALL the traffic... stopping at a Shell Gas on the right a few blocks and Gas there.. Right next door to a Very Good BBQ Not a fancy restaurant but Good ... Your choice of Cool Ones there also..

That Whole area is a good ride... I came in from E. Wa. Riding? down toward John Day But never on a free way type.

I took the Old route 66 into Prineville and stayed in a low $$ motel (clean and 49$ after tax) City Center Motel rm# 25 right in the middle of the motel and next to the ice machine.(Motel on left side going east from sisters..541-447-5522)...

Big old style ICE CREAM and Hamburger shop, right there also, Open Early for breakfast and late for dinner... Nothing fancy but good..

Enjoy your ride,,,"Get Your Kicks On Route 66"

signed....BUBBIE

That ride from slidell to san tone down I-10 aint no fun did it a few years ago left orleans after fat tues parade only made it to lake chuck,left next morning went to san antonio visit my brother that is one long boring ride.It depends on which route your taking and how far you want to get that first day.I like to stay in fredricksburg its about 50-60 miles from leaky so ride out in the morn for great rides then come back at night and enjoy great german food and music,we stayed at the fredricksburg inn ,its a block from main street leave the ride at the motel and walk,dont have to worry about dwi that way,also some good rides north of there ,BTW that area is full of four legged creatures!! I would avoid riding at dusk or dawn if at all possible,have fun if youve never been there before youll come back again,its a spring ritual for us from fort worth its only 4-5 hour ride..Tom..

Mike.
I thought we were talking Oregon, Sisters are three mountains in central Oregon...

Re reading and the post above, I am talking a different area.. OH Well, Sisters in Oregon By Bend is a great spot also..:D

Take Water and Drink plenty...

signed....BUBBIE

The Wife & I make that trip about 5 times a year. Bandera is one of the best riding areas around. The only downer to your trip will be Houston. When I ride alone I go straight through on I-10, If the Wife is on hers with me we take the Beltway 8 (Toll). Just time it so that you dont get caught in rush hour traffic. Not sure of where you will be staying but Pioneer RV Resort in Bandera has a converted Caboose that is set up very nicely. It rents for @ 90 bucks a night. There are no 3 or 4 star hotels in Bandera, Need to go to Kerr Ville for that. Hi-way 16N to KerrVille is allso a good ride. Most all the roads in that area are in great shape. Watch Hi-Way 336, it has the cattle gaurds across it. Other than that , I wish we were going . Enjoy it.:cheers

Now I see, LOL,trying to figure out what you were talking about? have to make it to the west coast some time and check out the other sisters..

tks guys, Bubbie come on down and we will ride it as first timers together, then maybe hit the west coast sisters :cheers . yes the ride to houston is not a good ride on i-10 but the coast is a great ride to kingsville then to san ant.

tks guys, Bubbie come on down and we will ride it as first timers together, then maybe hit the west coast sisters :cheers . yes the ride to houston is not a good ride on i-10 but the coast is a great ride to kingsville then to san ant.

I did the ROT (republic of texas rally) two years ago, HOT very HOT.... I started off in Az. and took two days to hit the rally in Austin...
WATER NEEDED :newsmile022: and patience with the people who drive their 4 wheel death traps there in Austin to Alamo. :lolrollingMHO

Man, I liked 80mph on the freeways but would rather ride back roads BUT not in that heat...

Az. High Desert is cooler than there.:D

signed....BUBBIE

ok guys coming from san ant which is the best way to go, sabinal up 127 to 83 to leakey or go on to uvalde and up 55 to camp wood or does it really matter? and where is a good place to stay for a 4 day trip, also is there cell phone service in that area. i dont need it but wife will. i know about the lone star mc
museum in vanderpool what else is there. tks for the help mike

ok guys coming from san ant which is the best way to go, sabinal up 127 to 83 to leakey or go on to uvalde and up 55 to camp wood or does it really matter? and where is a good place to stay for a 4 day trip, also is there cell phone service in that area. i dont need it but wife will. i know about the lone star mc
museum in vanderpool what else is there. tks for the help mike

this is where we stayed when we went to hill country tx.. Koyote Ranch - Directions
nice place and very biker friendly, they have bands in that are very enjoyable. cell service is very spotty though. wish i was going with, enjoy your time in hill country:D

Back