free website stats program three twisted sisters | Harley Davidson Forums

three twisted sisters

Cajun Ultra

the wife and i will be going to ride 3 sisters in a mo. is there any thing we should be aware of ? motels? gas? things to do? i know about the mc museum
give me some advice on it tks :cheers

The Salt Lick BBQ in Driftwood. A little south west of Austin. Good Texas BBQ! Lukenbach, neat place on the weekends. Usually live music on the weekends. The three sisters are beautiful rides, but with any really good rides you need to keep an eye out for crotch rockets and on some roads even bicyclist. Deer, hogs and turkey can pose a threat also. Just be careful!!

Bandera is a neat place to spend some time in and there is always something going on. The OST Restaurant (Old Spanish Trail) has some good grub and there are plenty of places to quench your thirst :D

Bandera County Convention and Visitors Bureau - Bandera, Texas
Click on the Things to do Tab for details.

Not to far Northwest of the North end of Ranch Road 335 (most western part of the Three Sisters) is the town of Sonora and the Caverns there are worth checking out if you are inclined to that sort of thing.

The Caverns of Sonora

Plenty of nice hotels and good restaurants in Kerrville and it is situated halfway between Bandera and Fredericksburg/Luckenbach areas and is right in the middle of good riding in every direction.

Fredericksburg has some excellent German restaurants and is only minutes from Luckenback and like Redfish mentioned is a must see place.

FM965 North out of Fredericksburg will take you on a nice ride and goes by the Enchanted Rock State Park which is worth checking out.

Here is a link to some really good rides in the area.

Great motorcycle roads in the Hill Country of Texas

Don't get me started on the many wineries :cheers

i am envious, i have been out in that area many times on the ranches in ajeep, offroading and hunting. Have never managed to get out there on the bike. Check out Gavin Store. its a cool little place.
Just seen Op is in Slidell, i lived there for ten years, in Whisperwood subdivision right off the frwy. back when it was very new. Actually moved away in 86.

Be sure and plan your fuel stops. You can be a long way from fuel in some places. It is a great area to ride. There is much to ride other than the Sisters.

The Salt Lick BBQ in Driftwood. A little south west of Austin. Good Texas BBQ! Lukenbach, neat place on the weekends. Usually live music on the weekends. The three sisters are beautiful rides, but with any really good rides you need to keep an eye out for crotch rockets and on some roads even bicyclist. Deer, hogs and turkey can pose a threat also. Just be careful!!

I mimic everything Redfish said. Salt Lick is the BEST! :majesty

If you like to visit Caverns, Longhorn Cavern State Park is neat place for some Texas history. You have to stop in at The Bent Rim Grill in Leakey. There is also an awesome Italian Restaurant in Leakey, cant remember the name but you cant miss it. There are many caves and state parks in the area. Enchanted Rock is nice outside of Fredericksburg.

Back