free website stats program Threaded bolt | Harley Davidson Forums

Threaded bolt

DynaBike

Towards the forward section of the rear fender, between the solo seat mount hole and the bike frame, there is a threaded bolt sticking up under the seat pan. There is nothing bolted/mounted on mine. What's this bolt for ?

Thanks

Towards the forward section of the rear fender, between the solo seat mount hole and the bike frame, there is a threaded bolt sticking up under the seat pan. There is nothing bolted/mounted on mine. What's this bolt for ?

Thanks

Do yo have a solo seat on now? If not that would probably be the hole to put a well nut in for a solo seat, Capital Jack:s

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just re read this, is this bolt in the seat pan? what kind of seat is it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks

About 2" back from the frame? It is for the passenger hold-on strap.:)

As SilverFoXD said, the bolt is for the passenger hold down strap. The strap is standard on 2-up seats and is adjustable to fit varying seat thicknesses. I took mine off to clean up the look of my seat.

Back