free website stats program thoughts on big and tall guys on sporty's | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

thoughts on big and tall guys on sporty's

Hey that sound's like a good idea. But how long after I reached the 2500 mark,would I have to wait for you to arrive, so we could talk???????? :eek:)

At long last, I got some time to myself this weekend away from family birthdays and Christmas shopping to put the rear peg mounts onto the frame of my XL883 - that lower hex fastener on the right side is a bit of a swine to get at. I was turning that key about 5 degrees at a time and having to take it out and put it in at a different approach because I didn't want to take off the pipe/muffler and I didn't want to cut the key down. Anyway, I got it done. I took my eldest boy out for his first ride on my Sporty - he's way bigger than me - near 6' still growing and heavier than me too. My poor 883 felt like someone had put Red Loctite all over the rear wheel and brake disc and as I hadn't altered the suspension for our short trip - the ride was awful :lol. I brought my lady and my little boy in their turn too - that was so much easier than with the bigger kid. But they all said the same thing - "I wish my helmet didn't keep hitting into yours and I can't really see anything coz I'm not higher up". I guess that's why the Glide has that nice high pillion perch with back and arm-rests. Maybe the Sporty is best for solo after all:yeahright. In January - I'm going to put a sissy bar on and I'm going to get the 1200 conversion done - that should improve things a bit.

:D:D:D:D:DI know a guy that was 5' 10" and @350lb. I didn't think he looked different, no one snickered at him behind his back. He liked it! Who really cares as long as it is a Harley!!

I am 6'3" 210lbs and ride a 2008, XL1200C. I think it fits me great and is one of the most comfortable bikes I have ever ridden. I have tested the Dyna and my friends bagger and I don't think they fit me any different. My bike has forward controls (hard to compare to floorboards when I have pegs).

If my legs were any longer it may be an issue though. Just my two cents on the thought.

Last edited:
I have a friend that is about your height but he tips the scales at about 325 and he rides a sportster. looks really big on it. but he loves it and who am I to judge what he loves.

At long last, I got some time to myself this weekend away from family birthdays and Christmas shopping to put the rear peg mounts onto the frame of my XL883 - that lower hex fastener on the right side is a bit of a swine to get at. I was turning that key about 5 degrees at a time and having to take it out and put it in at a different approach because I didn't want to take off the pipe/muffler and I didn't want to cut the key down. Anyway, I got it done. I took my eldest boy out for his first ride on my Sporty - he's way bigger than me - near 6' still growing and heavier than me too. My poor 883 felt like someone had put Red Loctite all over the rear wheel and brake disc and as I hadn't altered the suspension for our short trip - the ride was awful :lol. I brought my lady and my little boy in their turn too - that was so much easier than with the bigger kid. But they all said the same thing - "I wish my helmet didn't keep hitting into yours and I can't really see anything coz I'm not higher up". I guess that's why the Glide has that nice high pillion perch with back and arm-rests. Maybe the Sporty is best for solo after all:yeahright. In January - I'm going to put a sissy bar on and I'm going to get the 1200 conversion done - that should improve things a bit.

CB, don't forget to add a sheepskin/gel pillion cover to raise and pad the seat about 3/4" higher as well and your gal will be even happier. And yes, don't forget to step up the preload to the highest setting for two up riding (I left it there so even when going over parking lot speed bumps will not bottom the suspension, just to be sure. For your eldest 6 footer, sounds like you have a perspective solo rider in the near future. :bigsmiley11:

Back