free website stats program thoughts on big and tall guys on sporty's | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

thoughts on big and tall guys on sporty's

Let's take a trip....you on your sporty and me on my Road king. Lets do about 2500 miles and discuss Harley models again. :bigsmiley24:

Im sure me and my sporty could take up that challenge
ok we are both getting on a bit but together we have seen the length and breadth of the uk and a fair bit of mainland europe
but itll need to be real roads and not motorways

Brian

I'm feeling a trans-Atlantic challenge comin' on here guys!!:D:D
We'd better not arrange to meet half way for this race coz you know how rusty Harleys get near salt water.
You big v-twin boys will take on the big open roads I'll grant you but put us on the twisties like we have here in the UK and Fin, Hobbit and I will have you :cheers:cheers.
p.s. can we have NHD78Fan on our team as an honorary Brit since he's a Sporty-phile? We're going to struggle to disguise Hobbit's animal as a Sporty....

i ride about 50-75 miles a week on mine and i feel run over by one after that little bit of riding, i need different seat.

i ride about 50-75 miles a week on mine and i feel run over by one after that little bit of riding, i need different seat.

What seat have you got Ron?
I saw lots of negative opinions on the stock solo seat and I changed mine to a Sundowner 2 up but I have to say I prefered the Stock! I always feel like I'm positioned forward too much on the Sd. Not easy to get it right because you don't really know what a seat is going to be like for you until you've put quite a few miles on it in different conditions and journeys.

If the Sundowner positions you a little bit too far forward, might want to rotate the bars bit to optimize your comfort zone. Moving the rider forward puts more weight on the front wheel and makes the bike more easier to bend when doing eh...aggressive riding which is not necessarily a bad thing.

And yes, I would love to go to England for a nice long ride. I have my Sporty setup just the way I like...plenty of amenities, but still handles nice and easy. Funny, today was nothing but construction zones, grooved roads and the bike was slipp'in and a slid'in all over, would not have wanted a big heavy bagger on that road, my sporty handled it. true to it's flat track heritage bretheren...can't wait for tomorrow, now that I am getting the practice.

Last edited:
Trick with the baggers on the grooved roads is just to maintain your speed and let the bike follow the grooves instead of trying to fight it.The major highways around here have been torn up most of the summer and it just makes the commute to work a little more interesting,and when the cars around you see the bike dancing they back off and give you lots of room:D

No worries Steve, just thought it was an amusing surprise this morning on my way to work...never a dull moment! And yes, I am sure touring bike would get through just as well...only I would worry a lot more because of all the luggage and trim adding additional weight, bulk and dollars verses my "measly" Sporty dirt bike, all of 600 lbs wet and not as expensive hard bits to damage...but that is JMO...

Who cares, if you enjoy it - go for it. Life's too short to be concerned about what others think. I've been told that I'm too small (1.73m, 69kg) for my UC but I've been riding bikes for over 30 years and don't give a hoot.

Back