free website stats program Those going to the 105th..caution | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Those going to the 105th..caution

I bought a 07 WG that was bumped up to 103ci with D&D fat cat pipes at the dealer. The pipes have baffles but are still loud. Is that considered altered. I would be miffed if I was ticketed for something that was bought off the shrowroom.

I spend a lot of time on my bike in The Kenosha , Racine and Milwaukee area.
I bet if your are riding within reason you will not be stopped.
But the days of loud pipes are ending.
Just as the liberals in this state killed the off road 3 wheelers and are trying to do the same to All ATV's and snow mobiles they will come after the bikes and will in the end win.
When coming in to Milwaukee from the south stay on the intersate county seldom comes out there. WATCH your speed that streach from state line to collage ave in Milwaukee is the number one money make for the state. Is also the main drug route into the state so there are always a lot of state police on it.
Once in Milwaukee I do not think you will have much to worry about.
They are going to be watching for drunk riding alot. If you are a drinker Milwaukee has a lot of places you can walk too from just about any were.
Milwaukee is not a bad town just depressed abit all the state tax money goes to Madison.
So there is a bit of a crime problem. More than thier share of gang shootings each year..

Sound like most other city's that have lost their industrial base...So sad...I can remember when I was a kid in St. Louis. Man was it a cool place ..specially around Christmas..all the major stores had train displays...but now its all gone..Crime...the city Streets are like a ghost town at night now..anyway...Our little group is lucky I guess now of us drink...and we always try and be respectful when it comes to the bikes....as here one of the very cool areas for sight seeing in the area along the Mississippi..and now enforcing noise control..and honestly it a nice little river town and a few has made it bad for the rest of us...Hell we're seniors...our Wildhog days are over...we just enjoy Harleys and seeing this great land of our....

i guess party with money else where, you know they tried this in northern Michigan with orvs and well the business owners had last say and lets just stay DNR backed off!

They do the same thing for snowmobiles out there too. Anything but stock and you are busted. Stay on the freeway or just get off for gas until you get into milwaukee county and you will be fine.

I guess my questions' are......1. How does a cop know a stock exhaust from an aftermarket unless the name is stamped into it? Most are, but some (like "rush" are not).

2. Unless they have a decibel meter and have documented stock decibel readings from the motor company for each and every model in existance, how can they possibly hold up their case in court?

I guess time will tell but here in PA I have been hearing about this crap for years. For now I'm enjoying the stock exhaust note of the pipes on the Glide after 6 years of "Hooker" step tuned headers ringing in my ears on the Deuce.

I will no doubt eventually want to louden it up a bit with some aftermarket slip ons though. My wife wants some more noise NOW!.....lol

Mark in Pa

Yes, all of this taken collectively is total BS and yes, motorcycles are being singled out because we are a minority and because of the "outlaw" image that bikers established long ago and, unfortunately, is still being fostered today by some.

Atlantic Station in Atlanta has banned motorcycles. Several of the gated "subdivisions" on Hilton Head Island have banned motorcycles. These are just the two I am most familiar with. Have either of these places banned:
1) Civics/Corollas with the obnoxious (I think they're called "bumble bee") exhaust systems?
2) Pickups with the chrome, 18 wheeler exhausts that will wake the dead?
3) Yard maintenance equipment like leaf blowers and chain saws that exceed the decibel level of a 747 taking off?

The answer is universally NO. The lawmakers trumpet that it is a noise ordinance but it's obviously a money grab and a chance to "stick it" to the biker community.

I have no idea what the answer is. Join ABATE or AMA? Not sure how effective they are. Write editorials to the local press? I think a great starting point would be for NO MORE charity rides that benefit police/fire or any other government agencies in the areas with these ridiculous laws. Obviously, that runs the risk of alienating/pissing off the very people writing the tickets but it would really make a statement.

I'm simply at my wits end and at a loss for further ideas on this one!

My stock-piped 1990 Sporty is louder than I'd really like personally, but as some of my biker friends say, Harley loud is a lot more easy on the ear than Jap loud or buzz bomb two stroke scooter loud.

Call me a wussy, but I'd like to make my stock pies even quiter.

I remember one very early Sunday morning, I was pushing my V8 hot rod out of the drive, engine off, so not to wake the wife up, and I noticed my neighbour silently pushing his race-piped Ducati 955 out of his drive, so not to wake his wife up. :D

Well happy to report no one I knew had problems of any kind at the 105th..in fact the Police were very helpful for many of us..All extremely polite and were smart enough to realize what a boost it did for the area...my wife and I left a good amount of cash there...lol..BTW we are not outlaw bikers...in fact we are grandpa's and grandma's....Moms..Pops...Aunt and Uncles..etc. We ride for the love of riding and try and be respectful of other...never trying to twist the throttle unnecessarily...It was a Great time ....a great area ...and loved the little communities around Milwaukee...fell in love with a area called Cedarburg...lol Visited the "Last Covered Bridge" in Wisconsin. Thank you to all the people in the Milwaukee area..you people Rock..Oh! yeah this old fart loved the Springstien concert.

Well happy to report no one I knew had problems of any kind at the 105th..in fact the Police were very helpful for many of us..All extremely polite and were smart enough to realize what a boost it did for the area...my wife and I left a good amount of cash there...lol..BTW we are not outlaw bikers...in fact we are grandpa's and grandma's....Moms..Pops...Aunt and Uncles..etc. We ride for the love of riding and try and be respectful of other...never trying to twist the throttle unnecessarily...It was a Great time ....a great area ...and loved the little communities around Milwaukee...fell in love with a area called Cedarburg...lol Visited the "Last Covered Bridge" in Wisconsin. Thank you to all the people in the Milwaukee area..you people Rock..Oh! yeah this old fart loved the Springstien concert.

If everyone rode with your attitude and respect, we would not be having this problem. It's a classic case of a few jerks ruining it for everyone else.

We have some good friends from Chicago who lived outside Milwaukee for a couple years. I went up to help them get packed for the move back to north GA and we spent a lot of time at Hefner's eating burgers and having an adult beverage at the mill/brewery right on the river in Cedarburg. Felt like I was actually living inside a Norman Rockwell drawing the whole time I was there!

Back