free website stats program Those funny numbers | Harley Davidson Forums

Those funny numbers

FLST

I have been studying schematics in order to gain a better understanding of the electrical system on my bike. There are many connectors and in the diagrams they are numbered e.g. [73A]. Are these connectors numbered on the motorcycle or they just for the diagram?

Like Mr. G says, maybe on some of the plugs but I have not see numbers on the Delphi connectors in my 2009. The cables start out with paper label tags on the wires that are near the connectors, but they fall off in time or they become un-readable.

Life would be just too easy if numbers were on all connectors.:)

Thank you Glider and Hoople. I guess that means tracing wires physically to find out where the connectors are if I don't already know. Doesn't sound too difficult. As an aside; Hoople, you have opened a whole new world to me with your simple and concise explanation of schematics. I'm having a ball studying something that used to thoroughly confuse me. The simplest things are, at times, the hardest to see.

Thank you Glider and Hoople. I guess that means tracing wires physically to find out where the connectors are if I don't already know. Doesn't sound too difficult. As an aside; Hoople, you have opened a whole new world to me with your simple and concise explanation of schematics. I'm having a ball studying something that used to thoroughly confuse me. The simplest things are, at times, the hardest to see.

I have found one advantage of the Clymer Manual is it has a COLOR schematic, which makes tracing the wires easier. Yes, their manual is $35 or so...but if you hunt around, it is worth the price of admission. I use it as part of my "carry on" luggage when going on long trips.

I have found one advantage of the Clymer Manual is it has a COLOR schematic, which makes tracing the wires easier. Yes, their manual is $35 or so...but if you hunt around, it is worth the price of admission. I use it as part of my "carry on" luggage when going on long trips.

I will be glad when they (clymer) comes out with a manual for my bike (2009 FXDL)

there is a table in the appendix section of the manual that tells you the location of connectors in relation to the number on the wiring diagram, ie under seat, left frame rail.

Back