free website stats program This rattle is driving me Crazy! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

This rattle is driving me Crazy!

Oh yes, it there with out bike running. I've replaced the exhaust gaskets already, that was a different noise.

The plastic bracket that holds the turn signal indicator light module underneath the console. It gets loose and allows the turn signal, neutral light module to rattle. #13 and #14 below.

Attachments

• HD07FXST063.jpg
    HD07FXST063.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Check the fender connecting screws for looseness or missing washers..
May have to remove front wheel.....

All very good suggestions, I'll check them. It seem to only make the noise when the front tubes compress a little. Just using the palm of your hand and bumping around on things won't do it .

I'd check the gas tank bolts as mentioned earlier. I'll bet the front gas tank tab is bouncing against the bolt or frame.

I'd check the gas tank bolts as mentioned earlier. I'll bet the front gas tank tab is bouncing against the bolt or frame.

That is what happened on my super glide took me a week to figure that one out...it was a loose tank bolt

Check two front gas tank screws.

Never happened to me, but read somewhere somebody was chasing a rattle and that's what it turned out to be and easy enough to check.

Also look over exhaust pipes and heat shields carefully. May not be something loose, maybe rubbing..??

Good luck.

This happened to me and I would have swore it was the neck bearings. Tighten thoes front tank bolts

just another thought I've had numerous 05 softtails come in with fork tubes that have spun loose because of broken pinch bolts might look at those also usually have leakage showing however.

Back