free website stats program This is my Dyna | Harley Davidson Forums

This is my Dyna

Great looking bike. Clean and mean. Hows that inverted fork working out?

When attaching a link to a post, before pressing Submit Reply click on Preview Post, then click on link and see if it works....:)

Thanks for the link tip. As you know, some newer members are on 'moderation,' and I wanted to showcase Betty.

(Madison has terrible streets, and this suspension set-up is better here than the traditional longer "California Dreaming" bike.)

The inverted forks should have been standard equipment. No jolts on joints on the slab, but a solid in the turns. Nice looking, too, most folks think she's some form of wide glide.

The 21" inch wheel is a vast improvement. It tracks like a gyroscope. From the right side the hub and spool have kind of a throw-back look. But then, that's from my generation.

Betty looks like you really had a plan and it came out great. She also looks like she might be a runner!!!

Fantastic looking bike (very clean and showroom looking) and nice add ons. Thanks for posting.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could "order" most of your Harley the way you wanted it?
And then make it your own with the other pieces of the puzzle.
By the way, Nice Lookin' Ride!!! :s
wilks3
:USA

Wouldn't it be nice if you could "order" most of your Harley the way you wanted it?

Thanks, guys. She's one of the best bikes I have ever owned. And over a +40 year span, that says a lot.

In a left-handed way, I did "order my Harley" as a theme. (BTW, in doing so I also have the luxury of a Sportster 48 for short, local hops.)

I wanted a custom, but I wanted a certain amount of practicality. Betty was built over five years, a piece at a time. I perused Harley's own custom parts catalogs. And even after the addition of her 95-inch kit and super-tuner, I did the cams, lifters, and pushrods on another year, and the cam plate oiler upgrade when my dealership got one. She's been dyno-tuned twice.

I never knew where Betty would end up, and if I broke something on the road I could get repairs and replacement parts anywhere. Some dealerships can tap into my parts history from their computer to secure the correct parts' numbers from my records.

I believe that only Betty's rear progressive shocks are from an outside supplier, but offered through my dealership.

In truth, if you wanted Betty you could build her from any shop.

Back