free website stats program This is a tough one to describe | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

This is a tough one to describe

Mine did it too until I had the SERT installed. I liked how it was before the SERT. Have not had the bike SERT dyno'd yet but hope I get it to program like the stock deceleration. BTW mine seemed to let off about 17-1800 rpm before SERT.

Naw Hoop, I ain't lookin for breaking, it kinda feels like the engin starts to free wheel. I've gottn used to it, funny thing is my 02 didn't do it, but both my 07 and 09 did/does. I think we were wondering what is causing it, is it normal, does anyone else have it happen? Sound like Glider mighta hit on it, that's kinda what it feels like anyway.

If you actually find an actual new SERT for sale it's really old stock. TTS made them, H-D badged them as "SERT", H-D decided to go another route instead with the "Super Tuner", TTS said "okay, we can finally add all these cool features H-D nixed."

My '09 Ultra did what is described in this thread both with the factory programming and with the TTS map I installed and "automatically" customized to my unique complete engine/sensor package using the TTS software.

My '07 RKC did as well.

Everybody will do as they wish, but years ago, I decided that I'd use the clutch to "go" and the brakes to stop. Downshifting to stop just puts that much more wear on the clutch. Brakes are both much less expensive and much easier to change than is a clutch. However, do what makes you happy.

Everybody will do as they wish, but years ago, I decided that I'd use the clutch to "go" and the brakes to stop. Downshifting to stop just puts that much more wear on the clutch. Brakes are both much less expensive and much easier to change than is a clutch. However, do what makes you happy.
Downshifting makes me happy, I've spent hundreds, maybe thousands of good ol American greenbacks gettn my Harley to sound cool when I run it down through the gears. Besides I want the cages to hear me comming and think about it a coupla times before they switch lanes to be the first car at a stop. And there ain't nothing like hearing a Harley carve up a Canyon Road and the sound of a rider using his gears to set up the corners.
American, Loud and Proud

billnapabill was your 02 EFI or carb?? My carbed 2001 Road King did not do it!
Mine was a Carbed model, man I sure miss that bike. I had Andrews 26G Gear Drive cams in it and a Dyno Thunder Slide and Thunder Header. For a little 88 that thing would run on with the 95's no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back