free website stats program thinking of vance and heinz slip ons | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

thinking of vance and heinz slip ons

Are you able to get a quiet baffle for the Vance and Hines and Cobra if end up to loud?
Any bike nights left nearby to check out the noise level of mufflers?
What are your thoughts of ebay exhaust or craigslist exhaust. It seems that there is always someone with exhaust that is relatively new and did not like for some reason or another. Just a thought.

Knock out your baffles and put a splitter in call it a day u R overthinking and spendy my money

if they came out with an allen wrench I would,but you gotta drill em,which,I think will ruin them,as far as putting them back together.

Are you able to get a quiet baffle for the Vance and Hines and Cobra if end up to loud?
Any bike nights left nearby to check out the noise level of mufflers?
What are your thoughts of ebay exhaust or craigslist exhaust. It seems that there is always someone with exhaust that is relatively new and did not like for some reason or another. Just a thought.
checked ebay,they have some,but not the V&H or even any for my 2016 FXDWG

Last edited by a moderator:
Whichever slip on you go with if you think it's too loud you can always remove the baffles and rap more fiber glass sheets around them to quiet them down a little more.

Good videos on Youtube on how to do it.

Last edited:
thanks Joyflying,this is just the kind of info I was looking for.Rush almost sounds a little loud and they are a lot more$ Cobra reviews say not too loud,I'm thinking Cobra.I don't want to put em on,get a ticket,and have to remove them.

I was never hassled about my pipes, maybe because I'm a girl and most guys thought it was cool. :) They did have a great sound, but just a little loud, and you could be really obnoxious if you wanted to. I rode the bike pretty easy, maybe got on the throttle a bit in the country, but never in a neighborhood. But with that being said, I would set off car alarms with them just riding by without romping it at all. I will stand by my initial defense, it wasn't my fault, I bought the bike without hearing it run. :) I fell in love with the colors. :D

I was never hassled about my pipes, maybe because I'm a girl and most guys thought it was cool. :) They did have a great sound, but just a little loud, and you could be really obnoxious if you wanted to. I rode the bike pretty easy, maybe got on the throttle a bit in the country, but never in a neighborhood. But with that being said, I would set off car alarms with them just riding by without romping it at all. I will stand by my initial defense, it wasn't my fault, I bought the bike without hearing it run. :) I fell in love with the colors. :D
Playing the woman card! I was also thinking about what you said.The volume certainly has to be variable depending on throttle.Like I recall having beater cars with almost no muffler,but when I saw a cop,I'd just ease up on it.

My 94 softail nostalgia was fitted with 97 year fatboy mufflers[stock] and they were just too quiet,so after much experimenting with old mufflers past their best,i came up with two different size holesaws to completely relieve the internal factory baffle from the muffler and then proceeded to make a jig [and lots of careful scribing and dot punches] and drill approx 800 holes per baffle and with the correct stepped custom ends,fitted back into bike requiring only one small bolt to secure to muffler.I now have a proper throaty sound which isnt too loud[passes tests here in New Zealand] and has increased mid range -totally happy with this set up-maybe an option for other folk out there,just take your time and it can turn out well.Nick

JMHO but I must assume you are just interested in making more noise but not too much noise and disregarding increasing performance by a full Stage I upgrade? If that is the case remove the baffles, open them up for more flow and replace. If you do have to drill the rivet or whatever fastener is holding them in and replace that with a simple screw/nut fastener.

Rinehart slipons are probably the quietest I have heard; very quiet at idle but bark under throttle. The bark is authoritative without the piercing crack of most mufflers; not offensive to those within ear shot. The baffles are long, perforated and straight through with no wrapping so if you wanted to muffle the exhaust note a bit more you could pull them and wrap with some asbestos material that won't burn up and disintegrate over time.

You might also consider the HD Street Performance slipons. BTW, don't be fooled by the V&H Quiet baffle; it's not quiet.;)

went to J&P cycles ordered a pair of house brand slip ons dirt cheap,but not universal.Reviews said they fit well and sounded good.179 bucks.I couldn't see spending 6-8 hundred on some.V&H were around 300 but I'm pretty sure they were gonna be too loud.So,if I hate em,or get a ticket and have to take em off,I haven't squandered too much.Out of 8 reviews,everybody loved em,one said chrome was a little dull,so am I,so what the heck.They are 16 gauge steel,come with baffles.I'll let you know how they sound.I've had a few bikes and never goofed with the pipes,so I'm excited bout these.Thanks for the advice on finger prints,I'll watch out for that.

Back