free website stats program Thinking of stepping up | Harley Davidson Forums

Thinking of stepping up

pdubs

Wife recently lost interest in riding solo, so we'll be doing a lot more two up. I have an 08 softail custom, and am considering trading for an 07 street glide. I enjoy the zip and handling of my softail when I ride solo. Am I going to lose any of that with the bagger? Thanks.

Could not tell you if you will lose zip, due to riding baggers, but if interested in a 2008 Black Pearl SG, shot me a PM

Not in my opinion, I've had them both. The baggers because of the configuration of the front end will handle even better than the softy.

Last edited:
I got off a softail onto a Bagger and I wish I would have done it a long time ago. I really don't think that the handling is that much differant. But ride is like day and night. I think you'll really like the Touring platform. I have put 38000 miles on my 06 Electra Glide since I bought it in May of 06. I have put 400 miles on my softail.

Thanks Smitty. Would have to probably get a new seat, but this one caught my eye. Upgraded to a 103", only 2700 miles, a great price, and Black Cherry Pearl. I love that color.

As Smitty said, two up on a Street Glide you will need to seriously consider a tour pak for passenger comfort and the extra storage. A color matched, detachable one will run you around $1100 from Zanotti's. If you can find a used 2008 or 2009 you get the bigger fuel tank, Brembo brakes, and maybe ABS. For similar money you can look for an EG Classic if you like the look as opposed to the Street Glide.

Happy Hunting - a lot of primo used bikes out there right now!

I moved from a heritage to a classic and would not look back.With some of the changes I made I have plenty of zip and the comfort level is awesome.

Pdubs; Where are you located? I have a '07 Black Cherry E.G. Classic with q.d. tourpack and 2 seats, 7K miles, that I might want to get rid of. I'm in GA.

will be hoot with the 103 upgrade, you will feel the difference in the handling the bagger in my opinion compared to my Heritage is better in the twisities[/QUOTE

Yeah... I have a RK and a Heritage ...RK out performs in the twisties, a worked 103 RK and a good set of brakes would be a blast on the back roads:D

I went from a 08 Dyna Street Bob, 96" w/Stage 1 to an 08 Road King Police, 103" w/Stage 1, ABS, Brembo and the Road King is absolutely the perfect bike for us riding 2-up. I would never go back even though the Dyna performed very well. I love the new bike.

Back