free website stats program Thinking of selling my bike | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Thinking of selling my bike

I ride 563 all of the time, and take it down to a small modular home my wife and I have in Cold Spring. We are in Whiting, which is part of manchester Twp. All of the towns have pretty much ordinanced ATV's and dirt bikes out of existance. Glad you made your decision. Time with kids is a precious commodity. Best of luck!

I did the same for many years. Now that they are adults went back to the Harley. Off road is a lot of fun, Atv or dirt bike. Fun for whole family. Good luck

Irish, my husband & I started with dual sports, loved them. We still have the little 200 for the farm, the 650's were just too big for me to handle in the trails. :s We took them to Sturgis & had a blast riding on the dirt roads in and around Silver City.

We had a Kaw & a Suzuki 650 & they were both great bikes.

My son is 9 and started riding a quad at 5, been riding a PW-80 for a year and a half now. We have countless and priceless moments together. I will forever remember the time we get to spend time together. I cant wait until he is old enough to go with me and wife wife on his own Harley!

Well after sitting back and thinking more about things, I have decided there is no way I am selling my bike. I just could not bring myself to do it. My wife also said it would be a big mistake, she knew I would regret it.

So what I did do was find a little dirt bike for my son, it was a little Suzuki got it for a steal, but after about two weeks of watching him ride it, it was just too small for him. So yesterday we went out and we looked at Kawasaki's and I found one that was perfect for him. It was a leftover and the dealer was ready to make the deal, but added in the $300 fright and prep fee. I told him I am not paying that fee and he insisted that he had to pay the guys in the shop and we could not drop the charge, so I left the deal on the table and left. I would have paid the charge push come to shove, but I did not need to hear that they have to pay guys in the shop, It just rubbed me wrong for some reason.

So later on I called another dealer about a half hour away and the salesman said he just got the same bike in a trade, it was a 09 and only used a few times and the bike was mint. So we rode up and the bike was beautiful, it has a few little scratches in places, but all in all the bike looked brand new and was about $1200 dollars less than the original deal I had not to mention it is not even broke in yet and no fees!! So I bought it. My son finally got his first real bike and he is smiling ear to ear.

I have not got my bike yet, but I am looking and hope to find something used. So in the mean time, my son actually met some kids out at our little pit here and now has some riding buddies, so I feel a little better now that he has someone to ride with till I find something. I am just glad I finally found something to get him out of house :small3d018:

Attachments

• DSCF0854.jpg
    DSCF0854.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 14
Well after sitting back and thinking more about things, I have decided there is no way I am selling my bike. I just could not bring myself to do it. My wife also said it would be a big mistake, she knew I would regret it.

So what I did do was find a little dirt bike for my son, it was a little Suzuki got it for a steal, but after about two weeks of watching him ride it, it was just too small for him. So yesterday we went out and we looked at Kawasaki's and I found one that was perfect for him. It was a leftover and the dealer was ready to make the deal, but added in the $300 fright and prep fee. I told him I am not paying that fee and he insisted that he had to pay the guys in the shop and we could not drop the charge, so I left the deal on the table and left. I would have paid the charge push come to shove, but I did not need to hear that they have to pay guys in the shop, It just rubbed me wrong for some reason.

So later on I called another dealer about a half hour away and the salesman said he just got the same bike in a trade, it was a 09 and only used a few times and the bike was mint. So we rode up and the bike was beautiful, it has a few little scratches in places, but all in all the bike looked brand new and was about $1200 dollars less than the original deal I had not to mention it is not even broke in yet and no fees!! So I bought it. My son finally got his first real bike and he is smiling ear to ear.

I have not got my bike yet, but I am looking and hope to find something used. So in the mean time, my son actually met some kids out at our little pit here and now has some riding buddies, so I feel a little better now that he has someone to ride with till I find something. I am just glad I finally found something to get him out of house :small3d018:

Way to go Pops !!! And when you find one for yourself - that smile on your sons face will get even bigger! :s

Very cool looking bike! Hopefully word will travel through the grapevine back to the first dealer about what a great deal you got.

Back