free website stats program Thinking of changing handlebars | Harley Davidson Forums

Thinking of changing handlebars

ImaRider

My bike is a 2008 fatboy with stock bars. What I think I need are bars that are a few inches higher that pull back more. The angle of the hand controls needs to be increased more outward, or just reduce the angle that my hands are at.
My right hand now gets cramped some when I ride. I think it is because the position of my hand angle puts pressure on my wrists. Stock bars are 1 1/4 diameter and I would like to stick with that. Current 4 inch risers have individual clamp tops. Sat on a few in the dealership to test them out. Heritage felt the best so far but parts guy says they are 1 inch bars.

Was reading about Buckthorns but not sure how they are. Do sportys have them?

I'm 99% sure your stock bars are 1" also, unless they've been changed. Most big twins use 1" bars as evidenced by the hand grips that will fit multi years and models :s
WAP.gif

Look at these. I have 2+2's on my RG.

Khrome Werks

I looked through their site. It seemed to me that their aim was making handlebars for RK's, kings, and SG's. The 1 1/4 bars I saw had 1 inch mounting centers that needed to be covered from riser to riser. Or am I wrong on this?
I tried to send them an e mail but their was no working link. Then I saw they only sold through their dealer network. I then moved on to the Wild1 site. still looking at this point.

Why not try this. See about rotating the bars that you already have. And if you are able to find a comfortable position then look in the Harley PA catolog for some thicker grips that will make bike perfect. :s

Harley-Davidson Search

I looked through their site. It seemed to me that their aim was making handlebars for RK's, kings, and SG's. The 1 1/4 bars I saw had 1 inch mounting centers that needed to be covered from riser to riser. Or am I wrong on this?
I tried to send them an e mail but their was no working link. Then I saw they only sold through their dealer network. I then moved on to the Wild1 site. still looking at this point.

What i meant and what you're seeing is correct.......the center mounting section as well as the grip ends are 1". You will find 1-1/4" bars from various manufacturers, but will see in the pictures that they step down where they mount to the risers.

What i meant and what you're seeing is correct.......the center mounting section as well as the grip ends are 1". You will find 1-1/4" bars from various manufacturers, but will see in the pictures that they step down where they mount to the risers.

Ok gotcha

Why not try this. See about rotating the bars that you already have. And if you are able to find a comfortable position then look in the Harley PA catolog for some thicker grips that will make bike perfect. :s

Harley-Davidson Search

Done both. I have moved the position of the bars as many times as I could to try and get more comfort out of them. I put on new grips, larger diameter and rubber diamond pattern so that the gripping of the bars was better. What I feel is my right hand is pulled/angled more right than it feels comfortable being. I don't like drag bars but I would like the hand position of them. Less angled pressure on the wrists.

You might look in the J&P Cycles catalog. They have bars that will fit your application and desire. Just my .02.:)

Back