thinking about upgrading from 98 fxtc to 2011 flhx

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by hdfozz, Jul 22, 2011.

1. hdfozz

hdfozz Member

looking for information on the 2011 street gluide,this paticular bike that I'm looking at has 11,500 miles,it has the 103ci powerpak.just looking for info. on motor performace,any common problems, The mpg is stated at 42mpg hwy and city,is this accurate?or could it be higher? The price on this bike is $18,995 is this a deal or could there be room to haggle? thanks for any info.

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

The price seems very fair. To answer your question, if you have not rode the bike do yourself a favor and ride and you will answer your own question. On my stock 2008 EG I normally get about 45 MPG. The only common problem with a bagger is you never want to stop riding it..
    Remember someday you will own a bagger....:)

3. JBC2565

JBC2565 Junior Member

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  4. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Allthough I love my '09 FLHX and the '11 you're looking at sounds like a decent deal - take a look at this sweet '10 Road Glide. I'd be all over it @ $18K if I had the ca$h & it's for sale on HDTalking too (member of both forums). Extremely good deal for what it's worth w/huge upgrade list. Good luck w/your bike search & keep us posted if you find one...

Like New 2010 Road Glide Custom w/Low Miles, ABS, Cruise, Security Many Upgrades

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

And we don't allow the type of language you use either!

6. hdfozz

hdfozz Member

UpGrade complete! Now offically a member of the Touring family! 2011 street gluide is in the garage! Thanks for everybodys replies

7. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Change your avatar with a pic of the Glide. May you make many miles of smiles upon the new steed... You have proved the saying someday you will own a bagger is true....Congrats!!!:)

8. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Good Deal, got any pictures?:s

9. Paul m

Paul m Member

you will love it I have the same bike

10. hdfozz

hdfozz Member

Thanks,Pictures are soon to be uploaded! You know I really like this site much better than the other harley site!just my two cents.