free website stats program Thinking about slip ons, which brand? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Thinking about slip ons, which brand?

Hi kabory, congrats on your upgrades. Besides running cooler, are you happy with the sound you ended up with?

Hi kabory, congrats on your upgrades. Besides running cooler, are you happy with the sound you ended up with?

Yes, sound is great, much more pronounced than stock, nice mellow sound when cruising and great rumble at low speeds and idle.

I have the same slip ons and went with the stage 1 as well. I love these pipes, nice deep rumble and definetly louder than stock, I ride a lot at night and so far no complaints from the neighbors. Great Choice!!

My 09 Fat Bob was too quiet with stock pipes. I tried Khrome Werks slipons and love the tines however, my right ear would ring after 20 minutes of riding. Too loud for me. Then I put on the SE slip ons which also had a nice tone but not very loud. Just a little louder than stock. Then I upgraded the motor to 103 and the bike got louder deeper and sounds perfect with the SE. Not too loud , deep tone but loud enough too be heard. In the end it is personel preference.

I put Rush slip ons on my 2009 Fat Bob. Look and sound great. Same look as stock, but a more throaty sound and they are not obnoxiously loud.

I've got V&H Tapered Slash-cut slip-ons with a Stage 1 kit. Its got more rumble than the stock pipes but not too loud either. You'll definitely want to listen to some other pipes before you decide for sure. Everyone has their own opinion of what sounds good.

I'm running S./E. Fat shots with the V.H. power header S.E. air cleaner stage one down load i had nothing but complements on the low rumble it puts out . it really runs GOOOD!!!! and the oil temps are great it is 2011 103 ULTRA LTD.

ol bill

Back