free website stats program Thinking about new ride. Heritage Softail? | Harley Davidson Forums

Thinking about new ride. Heritage Softail?

jbabk

Contributor
I am thinking about buying a new ride. I was wondering if anyone out there has gotten discounts off the MSRP. If so, what % should I try to get. I will probably trade my 05 Dyna Wide Glide. I bought my Dyna used from a private owner, so I never had to deal with a dealer?

Ant suggestions.

Joe B:small3d011:

JBABK...if you can get it less than MSRP, GO FOR IT! right now may be a good time to make a deal with the economy the what it is. The dealer may deal...as for the Heritage Softail Classic...I Love mine. If I could get her in the house and down the hall into the bedroom, I would sleep with her.:small3d035:

JBABK...if you can get it less than MSRP, GO FOR IT! right now may be a good time to make a deal with the economy the what it is. The dealer may deal...as for the Heritage Softail Classic...I Love mine. If I could get her in the house and down the hall into the bedroom, I would sleep with her.:small3d035:
You mean you don't. Are you being cruel, just to be cruel? Making that poor thing sleep alone. Out in the dark and cold.

I am thinking about buying a new ride. I was wondering if anyone out there has gotten discounts off the MSRP. If so, what % should I try to get. I will probably trade my 05 Dyna Wide Glide. I bought my Dyna used from a private owner, so I never had to deal with a dealer?

Ant suggestions.

Where I live you can get an easy $2,000-3,000 off MSRP and some freebies.. don't be afraid to ask... I hate the posted price is the price! I wheel and deal like a Arab slave trader and love every minute of it...

I agree. The dealership I purchased my bike from just did a customer appreciation day where ALL 08 model bikes were granted MSRP (or better) for trade ins. With deals like this going on I would absolutely agree that you can get some good deals. If not you bet you can go somewhere else. Good luck!!!

Ant suggestions.

I know it's a pain but in almost all cases you'll get much more for your present bike if you sell it yourself instead of trading it in.

Just depends were you are If I were going to do it I would do it soon.
Right now supply is ahead of demand on most models but with production cuts that will not last long. Once supply and demand equal out real deals will be few and far between. Thats the law of the jungle.
Here basically 3000 off 2008's discounts on mods no freight or prep.
W's 2000 toward what ever you want, discount on mods. Of course no freight or prep. These last until Jan31.
Dealer I go to is moving bikes not a lot but they are dtill rolling out the door

This got me thinking - when the 2010 models come out, do you think they'll be giving similar deals on the leftover 09's or do you think they cut supply in time to not have so many leftovers this time around? It'd be real tempting to get a couple thousand off an 09 next Sep or so - unless the 2010's are vastly improved over the 09's, and then the decision process begins all over again!

I read they were going to cut production too. I didn't read if it was on certain models or across the board, anyone know?

Back