free website stats program thinking about a trike | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

thinking about a trike

I would think that the lower air pressure would allow for a softer ride. Now as to overheating and overloading tire do to low air pressure causing tire failure...:eek:

I would think that the lower air pressure would allow for a softer ride. Now as to overheating and overloading tire do to low air pressure causing tire failure...:eek:
Yup these are T rated passenger car radial tires, I would not run that low PSI

I get what you guys are saying about the independent suspension. I'm just wondering why Harley Davidson hasn't gone to this. I'm sure if they were getting a lot of complaints about the fixed axle, they would of changed. Which brings up another question, why are people still buying the h.d. trikes and not complaining about not having independent suspension. Must not be that bad.....

I think it depends on if you are looking for low speed comfort or for less lean in the corners. The independent is great for low speed comfort on rough roads, but leans more in corners. The solid axle is less comfortable at low speed on rough roads, but does not lean as much in corners. No solution is perfect in all conditions for all riders. Each rider has to determine their priorities, just like with cams. :)

A trike is a major thought process adjustment but once comfortable and used to a trike I could definitely see some benefits to riding on 2 wheels which must why trikes are becoming more and more popular. I will say that most trikes that I see are factory Harley trikes so Harley must have it figured out. Though I would like to see the reverse trike that leans from Harley.
Here is a aftermarket version:

If someone put this 2 wheel kit on the front of a trike with independent rear suspension, that would be an interesting 4 wheeler.

Back