free website stats program thinking about a trike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

thinking about a trike

I think they are a great option and a few years or so down the road I would definitely look in to getting one. I actually may try one if I make it to one of the demo rides. :)
You will like it, it steers like a jet ski or a snowmobile, you push and pull on the bars, very comfortable IMO, I just got back from + 3000 miles tho I did change out my stock seat for a Roadking seat

I am spoiled now, not having to put my feet down any more, PLUS I do not have to worry about holding it up, the reverse is another plus IMO

A trike is a major thought process adjustment but once comfortable and used to a trike I could definitely see some benefits to riding on 2 wheels which must why trikes are becoming more and more popular. I will say that most trikes that I see are factory Harley trikes so Harley must have it figured out. Though I would like to see the reverse trike that leans from Harley.
Here is a aftermarket version:

it was a ultra classic tri glide. 2011. I did all the mods metioned in the trike forum including dk lift kit. avon specific front tire and took off the dulops in the rear and installed t/a radilas by Goodrich. it just felt unstable most of the time. rough riding because you have 3 contact points with the road. also did the stage one upgrade and decated the headers. but the heat from the rear jug was there most of the time. also going above 72 mph in any curve would make it unstable has hect. I realize that's trikes work for some people and they may not have a choice due to circumstances. I may go back on day, but for now. back to 2 wheels.

it was a ultra classic tri glide. 2011. I did all the mods metioned in the trike forum including dk lift kit. avon specific front tire and took off the dulops in the rear and installed t/a radilas by Goodrich. it just felt unstable most of the time. rough riding because you have 3 contact points with the road. also did the stage one upgrade and decated the headers. but the heat from the rear jug was there most of the time. also going above 72 mph in any curve would make it unstable has hect. I realize that's trikes work for some people and they may not have a choice due to circumstances. I may go back on day, but for now. back to 2 wheels.

I can see that being a issue especially around Pa. With the worn in grooves in the road from same tracking axles of cars and trucks I can see trying to ride a trike and finding a smooth ride could be exhausting. Especially when coming to a stop on grades where the asphalt has been rippled from big trucks stopping.

Back