free website stats program thinking about a trike | Harley Davidson Forums

thinking about a trike

johndeeredr

I currently have a roadglide custom and due to some back and leg issues, thinking about getting into a trike. think I want to stay with a factory built trike, but want to here from others that have conversion kits and how they like them. also if you have a factory hd trike, how do you like it ? would you go back to 2 wheels? thanks, really looking for some input before I pull the trigger on either a conversion or oem.

Trikes are becoming very popular these days for many reasons. The MoCo has a patented design for a trike with two wheel out front and a suspension that allows the bike to lean like a two wheel motorcycle. Don't know it will ever make it into production.

I am not ready for a trike yet but if that day should come, I will be looking for a trike the can be ridden like a motorcycle. If the MoCo doesn't have their design in production yet, a Tilting Motorworks conversion might be the ticket.

Tilting Motor Works - High-performance trike kit for your Harley or Gold Wing

I was in the same situation, I bought a Freewheeler and have not looked back

Trikes are becoming very popular these days for many reasons. The MoCo has a patented design for a trike with two wheel out front and a suspension that allows the bike to lean like a two wheel motorcycle. Don't know it will ever make it into production.

I am not ready for a trike yet but if that day should come, I will be looking for a trike the can be ridden like a motorcycle. If the MoCo doesn't have their design in production yet, a Tilting Motorworks conversion might be the ticket.

Tilting Motor Works - High-performance trike kit for your Harley or Gold Wing

Now that is a trike of a different color! I would really have to take a look if I were looking at a trike.

[/url]
Took the Willie G tour in June.
(I think it's over now.)
They took us into an area with some of the experimental bikes and there were a few trikes with the the two wheels in front.
Looked cool.....

I went to a trike in '13 due to living a mile in on a rough dirt road, I was always afraid of dropping the Street Glide. I tried a Can Am first but went to a Tri-Glide after about a year. Love it!

Have a good friend and riding buddy who had to give up his Superglide and go with a TriGlide. A few things to consider: 1) totally different animal. No lean in the corners so you have to literally turn the front wheel which takes a bit of upper body strength; 2) If and when you decide to sell the trike be prepared to take a hit. There is a very limited market for trikes and their resell value does not hold up well. 3) Harley trikes have a solid rear axle suspension which can make the ride a bit harsh on rough pavement. Not trying to talk you out of buying a trike. Just trying to inform you should you buy. And my hat is off to you for still having the desire to ride!

Have a good friend and riding buddy who had to give up his Superglide and go with a TriGlide. A few things to consider: 1) totally different animal. No lean in the corners so you have to literally turn the front wheel which takes a bit of upper body strength; 2) If and when you decide to sell the trike be prepared to take a hit. There is a very limited market for trikes and their resell value does not hold up well. 3) Harley trikes have a solid rear axle suspension which can make the ride a bit harsh on rough pavement. Not trying to talk you out of buying a trike. Just trying to inform you should you buy. And my hat is off to you for still having the desire to ride!
I have read that trikes are H.D. 4TH best seller. And with all the baby boomers wanting to still ride , I see the market for trikes increasing. Just my 2 cents :)

Forgot to mention, I currently ride a 2012 Street Glide, I am waiting for the 2017 tri glide trikes to come out. Then will decide on a 2016 or 2017. Go on Trike Talk, everyone there seems to love their Trikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to mention, I currently ride a 2012 Street Glide, I am waiting for the 2017 tri glide trikes to come out. Then will decide on a 2016 or 2017. Go on Trike Talk, everyone there seems to love their Trikes.
If you really are enjoying your Street Glide are you aware there are good quality options to turn into a trike at a much lesser cost than a new factory trike.

If you really are enjoying your Street Glide are you aware there are good quality options to turn into a trike at a much lesser cost than a new factory trike.
Yes sir.... One of the reasons i'm going to a trike is my wife. She won't ride with me on 2 wheels. With a trike, she said she would. Trying to keep the little lady happy :). I have looked into champion kits, and was quoted $15,000. For the difference in money, I prefer to do with the new H.D Tri glide Trike. Like the new fearing and boom box, and some other things. Just my preference.

Back