free website stats program Thinking about a new bike | Harley Davidson Forums

Thinking about a new bike

That is what usually happens. Do not cut yourself short. Keep the 883 till you are completely comfortable and confident in riding. Then skip the 1200 and look at the bigger bikes. Do not let the size full you. Any of the Dyna series are very similar to a Sportster in over size and double the ride quality.

Bikes, boats, RVs, Many of us get the itch. We just can't be satisfied with what we've got. We enjoy what we have but, just keep wondering........ of the possibilities!!!!!! Endless!!!!!!

The great thing about the 883 is that you can convert to a 1200 pretty easy and relatively inexpensive compared to selling and buying up a size.

I don't think I can sell mine but, I'm always dreaming of something else.

Let us know if you do scratch that itch and let us know how it feels.

Cheers.

Uh-oh, the quest for more power is natural...since the first person pushed his sled out...oops this is about bigger bike!!!

Bigger is better...depends as the quest for HP with displacement is an easy call...if the rules allow pull the trigger now...the only regret is that bigger means more weight, more stresses adding to the complexity to balance that pesky equation "WHAT BIKE FITS ME AND MY NEEDS?" Capital Jack must be nearby...:D

I quickly tired of my old 89 Sporster and went to Dyna's, Touring models, softails and back to Touring Models. I recently found my home on my second Fat Boy which is a 2010. I love the feel and handling although it's easy to scrape the floorboards.

I mainly use it for commuting (57 mile round trip) or pleasure not long trips.

Downside is I wear a backpack to work and back. I don't want to add bags or racks to change the looks. In fact I have a solo seat on it now.

The great thing about the 883 is that you can convert to a 1200 pretty easy and relatively inexpensive compared to selling and buying up a size.

My recommendations too...throw a 1200 kit on the 883 & it's cheaper than buying another scoot - unless having two scoots in the stable are what you prefer...??? I'll definitely own additional bikes someday - just gotta get two teens through college first (priorities)...;-)

Uh-oh, the quest for more power is natural...since the first person pushed his sled out...oops this is about bigger bike!!!

Bigger is better...depends as the quest for HP with displacement is an easy call...if the rules allow pull the trigger now...the only regret is that bigger means more weight, more stresses adding to the complexity to balance that pesky equation "WHAT BIKE FITS ME AND MY NEEDS?" Capital Jack must be nearby...:D

Im watching you LOL:D

You can always start a collection of sportsters i sold one of my sportsters to get money and the space for a dyna but so far have managed to keep the rest om my hd bikes

Brian

Yes, you are crazy and yes this is normal....ha-ha-ha!
My first HD was a 1200SE and I dumped it after 6mos, mostly because of 2 up riding. If you are just after more power, the 1200 upgrade kit will be the least expensive way to go. Good luck and enjoy!

This is totally normal. Don't worry. You arn't differant. Mine was bikes and trucks. I started out on a sporty then a dyna then an ultra. My truck was a ranger then I moved up to a ram. Just so you know you are in good company.:)

Back