free website stats program Thinking about a 2010 Ultra Classic. too small? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Thinking about a 2010 Ultra Classic. too small?

Thanks for all the good input guys. I think I'm going to sit on a few at the dealer and feel them out. The lowing of the front and rear sounds good. But I think ill contact the seat Guy first and see where I'm at. The biggest problem on any big bike for me is the width of the seat. If I can narrow and lower, and memory foam it. I think that will bring my feet considerably lower to the ground.

Thanks again
WAP.gif

Being in NJ, you should have several dealers in your vicinity. I'd shop around and see which one is the most helpful in making the bike fit you. Some will tell you they can do this or that AFTER you buy the bike. See if any will do it as part of purchase.

New Ultras 1/2" lower after 1/2010?

New seat. It's about an inch lower.

the seat on the GL1800 is about 29.2". The new Ultra is about 29 to 27 dedending on the weight and shock settings. Lowing kits could lower it a bit more. If you can handle the Wing, you should be able to handle the Ultra. You could always rent one for a few days to get a feel for yourself.

I agree with all those that have said if you could handle an /03 GL1800, you should have no problem with an Ultra. I rode an /01 Wing for several years and switched to an /09 Ultra with no problems other than I had the dealer install a jiffy stand extension because it was just too big a stretch for me to retract the jiffy stand without it.

Walleye, I do have the new seat that has low marked on it, It was $154 at dealer. It lowered me about an inch.

Well, I pulled the trigger and bought the Ultra Limited, Merlot and Cherry red sunglo. Man, that thing sparkles in the sun. I'm 5'8' with a 29" inseam and am flat footed on the bike. It seems a little lower than my Road King and that as someone mentioned, it is a little lower. My buddy noticed it right away. It is a monster though. That front fairing is a lot heavier than the windshield on the RK. I had a similar experience backing her down the driveway. I wanted to get up a little steam to make it up the crown in the street. I wasn't counting on the heaviness of the front end. Just like the other guy mentioned, I had all I could do to keep it from tipping. Had I not been flat footed and had my heavy work boots on, she'd have gone over. I never had that problem with the RK but I am pretty used to it now.

If you are a little short, you'll be OK as long as you remember that it's heavy and to plan your moves. Don't do what I did!

I think as you ride it, you will get better and better at handling the weight and the height. And like RichardS said, once you get her moving you'll be on cloud nine.

I'd say go for it!

Well, I pulled the trigger and bought the Ultra Limited, Merlot and Cherry red sunglo. Man, that thing sparkles in the sun. I'm 5'8' with a 29" inseam and am flat footed on the bike. It seems a little lower than my Road King and that as someone mentioned, it is a little lower. My buddy noticed it right away. It is a monster though. That front fairing is a lot heavier than the windshield on the RK. I had a similar experience backing her down the driveway. I wanted to get up a little steam to make it up the crown in the street. I wasn't counting on the heaviness of the front end. Just like the other guy mentioned, I had all I could do to keep it from tipping. Had I not been flat footed and had my heavy work boots on, she'd have gone over. I never had that problem with the RK but I am pretty used to it now.

If you are a little short, you'll be OK as long as you remember that it's heavy and to plan your moves. Don't do what I did!

I think as you ride it, you will get better and better at handling the weight and the height. And like RichardS said, once you get her moving you'll be on cloud nine.

I'd say go for it!

OMG Larry, you are making me so jealous, what is up with everyone getting new rides...ENJOY and make sure you change your Avatar and post pictures. Just paid my taxes and I'm done for this quarter of the year anyway. :dknow

Thanks HD Fan. I went to two HD dealerships and neither knew anything about this. I printed the service bulliten and ordered the seat, so now they know! Question I have now is, will I need to order the other parts listed as well? T Pack backrest and Grab Strap? I hope not.

Back