free website stats program Things You Should Never Use On Or Do To Your Bike. | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Things You Should Never Use On Or Do To Your Bike.

Thanks for the info. I have never used Easy Off but I always kept it in mind in case I do get some melted boot on the pipes. Someone else suggested wiping it on the pipes instead of spraying it on.

I haven't looked in years, but it used to come in a jar, as well, and you applied it with a brush attached to the inside of the lid.

someone was asking about the "easy off". It works good on the exhaust, BUT... the overspray that got on the rough black areas on the engine is little white splatter spots that are still on there today. I call it "IMPOSSIBLE OFF".

There's a new product out called "pig spit" that will remove those white spots......

And NEVER try to crank your bike while the battery charger is still connected to your battery.......

Never use an open trailer without a rock guard in front. The sand and rocks being kicked up will destroy the paint.

Never trailer with your bike while covered with a tarp; the rubbing effect will take your paint off like sandpaper and the gromets "ding" the tanks and fenders.

Never use an open trailer without a rock guard in front. The sand and rocks being kicked up will destroy the paint.

Never trailer with your bike while covered with a tarp; the rubbing effect will take your paint off like sandpaper and the gromets "ding" the tanks and fenders.

Proof positive you should never trailer your bike and should ALWAYS ride it to the event :D

Never put a padlock on your front rotor..while in theory this is a good idea, if you forget to leave it on and back your bike up out of the garage you can easily snap or damage your speedo cable. Steering lock is much better!

Water is always the best thing to use. It may take a little elbo grease but it works every time. If time is a issue just rub harder. :)

Maguiar's & Eagle One detailer sprays are great on bikes & windshields. No damage whatsoever & a beautful clear shine.

I would rather see Pledge on the entire bike than Windex. That has ammonia in most brands which isn't good for painted parts and will strip any wax off the rest of the bike when you use it.

Glider, about using Pledge, I have read that it is a good product and works well. Is it something you use after a good wash? Instead of a wash? Or how? Does it take the place of a wax? Thanks for your advice.

Back