free website stats program Things You Should Never Use On Or Do To Your Bike. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Things You Should Never Use On Or Do To Your Bike.

The FIRST purchase you should make at the dealer....The Factory Service Manual. Loads of great information in it.
Take the time to read up on it, you will be surprised what you will learn and what YOU will be able to do to YOUR bike.
In the long run it will save $$$$$
Edit: This will prevent you from doing things on or to your bike that is not recommended by the MoCo.

Last edited:
I saw a cleaning tip in a Cobra exhaust ad once that recommended Easy Off for cleaning cooked on rubber, etcm off of pipes.

Put Easy Off on a rag, then use it to wipe. If you spray it on, the over spray will kill your paint.

Never work on the bike without a manual
Never put too much anti-seize on the axles, that stuff is messy
and never touch the rotor with your bare hands after a ride...ouch.

I once watched a guy use a spray on (automotive) wheel & tire cleaner on his H-D's wheels and tires at a hand car wash........ when he rode out of the car wash parking lot after wiping the water off his bike, he crashed.

someone was asking about the "easy off". It works good on the exhaust, BUT... the overspray that got on the rough black areas on the engine is little white splatter spots that are still on there today. I call it "IMPOSSIBLE OFF".

someone was asking about the "easy off". It works good on the exhaust, BUT... the overspray that got on the rough black areas on the engine is little white splatter spots that are still on there today. I call it "IMPOSSIBLE OFF".

Thanks for the info. I have never used Easy Off but I always kept it in mind in case I do get some melted boot on the pipes. Someone else suggested wiping it on the pipes instead of spraying it on.

Back