free website stats program things to check | Harley Davidson Forums

things to check

tlg1100

08 heritage just bought from dealer,some people have told or warned me about primary chain wear and cam chain tensioner?I talked to the guy who owned it and I am sure he took great care of it with the dealer doing all maintenance and they said they serviced it before I bought it,any comment? when spring comes I just want to ride and then ride some more.

The chain tensioners are better but still wear to fast .. other things is the compensator unit springs get weak or break but you have to tear apart primary for that

08 heritage just bought from dealer,some people have told or warned me about primary chain wear and cam chain tensioner?I talked to the guy who owned it and I am sure he took great care of it with the dealer doing all maintenance and they said they serviced it before I bought it,any comment? when spring comes I just want to ride and then ride some more.

Congradulations on the new bike. How many miles does it have on it?

The '08 already has the hydraulic tensioners and larger capacity oil pump. You might want to check the cam chest just to make sure of the condition of the tensioner shoes. The main thing to do once you have a reason to strip the cam chest (like changing cams) is the inner cam shaft roller bearings upgrade to the Torringtons.

TQ

How many miles? Check the self help section and get familiar with servicing your bike:s

thanks for all replys,was busy couldnt reply right away.The bike has 23,000 miles. and I know its was not rode hard and maintained regularly by dealer If that means anything? And it is all stock.. no mods

only thing i would make sure of on an 08 would be to make sure it does not have excessive engine vibration. but u said it was not abused so its highly unlikely it does

Back