free website stats program These Kinds of Encounters Shouldn't surprise me anymore... | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

These Kinds of Encounters Shouldn't surprise me anymore...

Thanks Porter - the Golf Ball and Sand analogy is one to remember!! :bigsmiley12:

It takes all kinds in this world - such people have obvious issues, whatever they be!! :dknow

Glad we have this forum to continually reaffirm how wonderful it is to ride, to belong to a membership (riding) that others just can't grasp!

CatWoman :rider

As I pull my bike into the parking lot at the gym the other day, a guy walks by:

guy: kinda cold to be riding, isn't it? (seemingly interested)
me: feels great... as long as the roads are dry it's all good
guy: how much did that bike cost?
me: around $20k (it's an '09 RKC... again, I actually thought he was interested in riding at this point)
guy: that's too much money... you could get a nice car for that much money. It doesn't make sense to spend that much on a bike.
me: (now realizing that he is "one of those"): How are you going to tell me that that's too much money to spend for me?
guy: I don't know, but I've had several bikes, and I'd never get another
me: riding isn't for everyone
guy:Just be very careful (in a condescending tone) lots of drunk drivers out there who don't care how careful you may be
me: thanks for the concern... I know there are inherent dangers. I do all I can to ride responsibly, be aware, and negate those dangers
guy: I don't know... those things are just so dangerous

At this point I was just like, "leave me alone"... what a buzz kill. Well, I ended up having a great workout because I was totall (EDIT) at this guy, and my adrenaline was running. I was one more comment away from getting in his face and kindly asking him to keep his opinions to himself.

These kinds of things have happened before, but this guy just wouldn't let up.

thanks for letting me vent

Sounds like he was trying to justify to himself why he doesn't ride anymore. It's too bad some buy into that "I'm a grownup now so I can't ride" mentality.:bigsmiley28:

When people make the comment to me of motorcycles being dangerous, I usually answer them with 'motorcycles aren't dangerous, people are dangerous, especially the idiots talking on cell phones'. :bigsmiley4:

Back