free website stats program These Kinds of Encounters Shouldn't surprise me anymore... | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

These Kinds of Encounters Shouldn't surprise me anymore...

I have met people like that and I think they are jealous. They wish they could ride but either can't afford it or the wife won't let them. Either way, they are just taking out their frustrations on you.

bikerdad, Indeed! I have looked in people's eyeballs and seen "ENVY", lite up like the great Chicago fire.

The guy was fighting a battle in his own head fueled by jealousy and envy trying to justify the fact that he doesn't have a bike. He either misses riding or sees the way his girl watches bikes. Maybe she won't allow him to own one etc. etc. I just say "yes they are more dangerous than a car" and smile. That lets them know that I am well aware of that fact and my choice is of course obvious. If they continue then just say "I'd never get one if I were you"!:) As far as price I just say "yea you can get a different type of bike for a lot cheaper". Kind of gives 'em no place to go.

Why not just say "I hate my life and this is a really cool classy way to top myself" and see the reaction on his face....

It's the same thing with my boat, thay'll ask how much gas does that thing burn?
And I'll say 32 gallons an hour.

A NOSEY PERSON ASKING ME THE SAME QUESTION
MY RESPONSE WAS

ALL OF MINE AND PART OF YOURS........

signed....BUBBIE

Hello, Well you got a good lookin' bike and hopefully you have had just as many "feel good encounters" to keep the scales balanced. I had a few nice encounters lately, folks stopping over at the gas station and saying something nice. We all like to feel justified for what we do but someone will always throw a wrench in it. You did the right thing.

there's a dork ever where you turn --an guess what -- many of actually own-- i said own -- not ride harleys.......................... guess what really locks my jaws-- im old school an allthat -- is the ones that own the jap bikes an they have the gall? to try to compare thier re- cycled sardine cans to harleys...............

My stock response to idiots like that goes something like this.

Well, I guess I could live a long dull life and die of boredom.

Nah, looks like you got that one covered.

Have a nice day!

Riding is my way of venting and getting rid of all my frustrations of the day. My bike is like my gremlin bell

Back