free website stats program There ought to be a law | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

There ought to be a law

How about the tailgaters! I was riding down I-20 in Texas had this guy in a truck riding very close.. so close I could almost reach out behind me and touch his grill.... I moved over flew the birdy... I got a laugh when a motorcycle officer.. riding a harley! had him pulled over.

How about the tailgaters! I was riding down I-20 in Texas had this guy in a truck riding very close.. so close I could almost reach out behind me and touch his grill.... I moved over flew the birdy... I got a laugh when a motorcycle officer.. riding a harley! had him pulled over.

Tailgaters make me angry ( and scared) as I was hit recently in my cage by a young lady following to close and I had to stop fast and she ran right into me. I am so glad I was not on my bike. I usually pull over and let the tailgaters go by as it's just not worth it as you can't win with motorcycle against car.
:DI like the results that you saw and I wish more tailgaters would get pulled over.

I never follow vehicles close on bike or in my cage.

Nothing you gentlemen mentioned is half as bad as getting caught in behind a LOADED cattle truck in Texas!!:D Don`t EVEN ask me how I know this !!!

Nothing you gentlemen mentioned is half as bad as getting caught in behind a LOADED cattle truck in Texas!!:D Don`t EVEN ask me how I know this !!!

I know that has to suck as I work on the turnpike and I know that even after those trucks go by and are miles away and you can't see them anymore, the stench stays in the air for a long time. It's best to do whatever you have to and use almost any means possible to get ahead of them.:D

Last edited:
Been there,jeeze,what a stink!and mess,and slippery road!The waste seems to spill out more on the bends.they should fit the cows with buttplugs before they hit the road!

Been there,jeeze,what a stink!and mess,and slippery road!The waste seems to spill out more on the bends.they should fit the cows with buttplugs before they hit the road!
Gee, I'd hate that job! (Taking care of plugging the cows):rofl

Rode 40+ miles this morning to the Harley shop to get a new rear tire. Old one BALD. They finished me up just as the rain started. (new tire great) Going a little fast to beat the rain home. I guess Joe Blo decided his 14 inch high grass needed mowed before the rain also. Rounded the curve, there was enough grass in the road to bale at least two bales of hay. Had to swerve in the other lane to miss the grass. (I could only imagine what would have happened if I hit the grass.) Worse yet, what if a car would have been coming the opposite way. Just wondering if I am the only one these stupid tricks happen to. Almost as bad as someone pulling out in front of you, going two blocks, and turning off. --ssed":bigsmiley19:

Here in the Mountains it's a real problem, you go around a blind corner and grass 2inchs deep all over the road. My hubby's club helped one "really niceguy" with his mowing after a club member lost a leg from crash caused by grass covering a blind curve. Our friend lost his leg and Mr. Nice guy lost the grass in his yard, all of it, just died in the middle of the night. I heard through the grape vine his mower even took flying lessons, but it had trouble with the landing and will never fly again!

Howdy Folks,

Read a few of the post and I've got to tell you, I've been across country a few times and it seems to me that civilization travels from West to East.

Not that we don't have our own set of problems out here on the left coast like illegals being told to run across the freeways and not to worry about the traffic because if the head lights are on you that means that the driver can see you. There isn't a day that goes by that some poor Mexican just wanting a better life gets sponged of I 5 trying to get past the Chicano Harassment Station in Orange county, about 90 miles North of Mexico.

Best to all,

Pixs

Here in the outback of Oz we have things called Road Trains. Now these are semis which can be up to four trailers long. Not good when you have to pass one of these suckers full of cattle. Four trailers of two storeys each ... lots of stuff to avoid. I'm just so glad I can accelerate to 120MPH in seconds and they are all limited to 60.

Back