free website stats program There ought to be a law | Harley Davidson Forums

There ought to be a law

glide 33

Rode 40+ miles this morning to the Harley shop to get a new rear tire. Old one BALD. They finished me up just as the rain started. (new tire great) Going a little fast to beat the rain home. I guess Joe Blo decided his 14 inch high grass needed mowed before the rain also. Rounded the curve, there was enough grass in the road to bale at least two bales of hay. Had to swerve in the other lane to miss the grass. (I could only imagine what would have happened if I hit the grass.) Worse yet, what if a car would have been coming the opposite way. Just wondering if I am the only one these stupid tricks happen to. Almost as bad as someone pulling out in front of you, going two blocks, and turning off. --ssed":bigsmiley19:

We have a similar problem here with the gardeners that cut the grass and then blow it out in the street so they don't have to pick it up. Some of them don't even have the courtesy to point the blower the other way when you ride by. You end up riding through all the debris they are blowing. I stopped once to give them a piece of my mind, only problem was he didn't speak english, so I used hand gestures.:) I think he got the point.

We have a similar problem here with the gardeners that cut the grass and then blow it out in the street so they don't have to pick it up. Some of them don't even have the courtesy to point the blower the other way when you ride by. You end up riding through all the debris they are blowing. I stopped once to give them a piece of my mind, only problem was he didn't speak english, so I used hand gestures.:) I think he got the point.

Or actually be on the mower with the discharge chute pointing toward the road and "sling" a rock or something your way and smack you or your scoot!!! Been there - done that --- called them everything but a human after he said he had a RIGHT to mow his ditch line!!!! :bigsmiley19:

I know, I live along side of a road and I mow at least .3 mile and the first two passes I mow with the chute faceing away from the road, just being courteous to my neighbors and fellow riders.:grose

I know, I live along side of a road and I mow at least .3 mile and the first two passes I mow with the chute faceing away from the road, just being courteous to my neighbors and fellow riders.:grose

Up north we have about a 1/4 inch of sand on the side streets due to the sanding in the winter, that'll scare ya

Up north we have about a 1/4 inch of sand on the side streets due to the sanding in the winter, that'll scare ya

Isn't that an interesting feeling when the front wheel starts to slide on you. We have the same problem with the sand here in Michigan.

I would like to add a complaint along these same lines. Right now there is a major problem with hay chaff blowing out of the farmers trucks around here. I feel it is normal for some to blow out and I really don't have a problem with that. The problem is when the road is actually green in both lanes, that is where my major issues come from. If you have a load that full shouldn't you tarp it or something? These are not bails I'm talking about, When the hay is chopped is seems to blow more. It doesn't seem to blow away either, the road that I like to travel to work is just covered with big wads of the stuff. There I'm done ranting, now I feel better.

P.S. Nothing against agriculture (you pay my checks) more of a safety thing.

Back