free website stats program them 1%ers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

them 1%ers

My understanding of the term 1%er is that 99% of the people follow societies rules, 1% does as they please reguardless of laws or rules.

That in it's self does not make them criminals. I guess it would depend on thier definition of 1%er, but why would you advertise that you don't follow rules if you were law abiding.

i don't know if there all bad just some bad or what but every time i run into a 1%er
at the most i might say hello or how are you and i keep moving i have enough brains to know not to befriend a 1%er

My experience has been the same as El Supremo's. I have met a few 1%'ers who belong to a local motorcycle club reputed to be an affiliate or support club of the Hells Angels. They were "rough looking" and that probably turns some people off. However, I was courteous to them and they were just as courteous in return. We have had several cordial conversations regarding riding and motorcycles. I don't know what they do in their private lives. I only know how they acted toward me.

AS A 1%er All I demand is respect... If your on the side of the road I will help you in any way possible.

I spent 31 years in law enforcement, and while I try to avoid generalizing, I can say that I never met a 1%er during my career that was anything but a criminal. They can be nice on the outside but trust me, underneath it all they are criminals. The very title of a "1%er" was coined by the AMA to seperate the law abiding motocyclist from the outlaw. If you know any of these outlaw bikers, they thrive on that 1% badge. Hang with them long enough and trouble will find you....trust me on that...

All are criminals?? With all due respect, I disagree with that. I read that the AMA used that phrase after one particular incident. I think there is a mis-conception about just what a 1%er really is.

I've raised a family, kid in the Navy, own a home, pickett fence, dog, the whole nine yards. Lets say, I'm at the point in my life where I need alittle more. What if I decided that the rules ( not the laws) of man were not for me anymore. Lets say I decide to take off and live life on the road. Work when I have to and quit when I can. Truley live to ride. Find other people who have made the same decison and develop a brotherhood with them.

To me thats a 1%er. One who put aside the rules and not the laws of man.

If I was a betting man, I'll bet there are lots of bikers around that deep inside, find that lifestyle sounds appealing.

I've got to go now, the wife is hollering for me to mow the lawn. :(

Last edited:
Where I come from people have to earn respect!

Morn'n all,

Hope everyone is having a fine Friday.

Steve07, I don't see much difference in you statement and DEDO_81.

When I meet a person for the first time I show 'mutual' respect. Give it - get it.
Then..... we start gaining respect until "Hey, come on over for some poker and beer" or loosing it until "Hey, get outta my yard!".

Mutual respect and common courtesy. Is it just "too easy" to work?

Ride safe

Morn'n all,

Hope everyone is having a fine Friday.

Steve07, I don't see much difference in you statement and DEDO_81.

When I meet a person for the first time I show 'mutual' respect. Give it - get it.
Then..... we start gaining respect until "Hey, come on over for some poker and beer" or loosing it until "Hey, get outta my yard!".

Mutual respect and common courtesy. Is it just "too easy" to work?

Ride safe

I never go anywhere and DEMAND respect,I know too many people who do and they soon become people I used to know! I go anywhere and I am friendly to people and treat them as I expect to be treated .That is how you earn respect.IMHO:s

Back