free website stats program The X splits and leaves her sportster | Harley Davidson Forums

The X splits and leaves her sportster

My x splits(cheated) on me and leaves her sporty in my garage. It is titled in her name and stuck me with a $4700 loan on it. She plans to come back and get it. What would you do? How would you handle this. Strip it maybe? Let her take it and cut your loss? someone stole it? Give me some advise.

What state do you live in? In California, it's community property even if the title is in her name. Here, she would have to prove she bought it with what's called separate money, rather than community money. The point is, if it's community property, she owns half the loan and either has to buy you out or the judge can order the bike sold and money split.
That's assuming a divorce.

How badly does she want it? Do you have any leverage besides court?
You could chain up the bike and force her to make you an offer.

But I wouldn't strip or otherwise deface the bike because that makes you look like you won't bargain in good faith. Be patient.

My advice,
I would get some "legal" advice on this. This way YOU know YOU are within the law and will hold up in court as this may be the route you may have to take.

She has the title in her name? Is she on the loan with you as well?

Comom Law marriage? 50/50?

My advice,
I would get some "legal" advice on this. This way YOU know YOU are within the law and will hold up in court as this may be the route you may have to take.

She has the title in her name? Is she on the loan with you as well?

Comom Law marriage? 50/50?

I took a personal loan out (dummy me). The bike Is in her name (dummy again) is common law in NY too?
Any Lawyers out there?

In Georgia it is, But we are talking about the south (Not picking on the south)

But seems like you should get some legal help so you do not get left with the loan and no bike.
If you let them repo, then thats on you credit, don't do that.

Let things cool down and see what Monday brings? 8 Years is a long time of you guys being together, possible to work it out as you go seperate ways and she gives the title over to you or she buys you out?

Like everyone else says, don't do anything rash or destructive and get some legal advice pronto!

I don't see a problem with locking it up in the meantime since she did leave it behind on your property.

Good luck!

Boy you gat a problem. She can claim that it was a present from you and you pretty much don't have a leg to stand on. If you have no agreement or contract drawn up, if you have been making the payments, showing that you are responsible for the purchase, and if you have been paying for some time, then I would say you are in sh....t.
Common Law wife angle will probably not affect as again she claims it as a gift from you with no strings attached. Again it all depends on who has been paying for the bike and if there was an agreement drawn up.

Don't do a thing to the bike, no matter how (edit)off, mad, or hurt you might be. Hire an attorney and get good legal advice. Move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say to have the reciepts ready to show you got the loan and paid for the bike. Wait and go let the law deal with it.

Back