free website stats program The wind -1 Heritage -0 | Harley Davidson Forums

The wind -1 Heritage -0

sampson80

Well, I was sitting in the house when I heard my bike alarm going off. It has been really gusty all day so I knew this wasn't good. She was parked outside with a cover over it. I rushed outside and found her laying down on her right side. Went and grabbed the neighbor to help and to our surprise the only visible damage was to the throttle. A little scratched crome on the end and there is now resistance and a griding sort of noise when going on and off the throttle. I was really surprised nothing else was touched. Not sure if my insurance will cover the throttle or not but I put in a claim. Guess I will find out when the ajuster comes out. I'm sure if the cover wasn't on this wouldn't have happened. Anyone else had this happen??

Wow I would say it was a little more than "gusty". Is the insurance deductable low enough to make this worth it? If its just a grip then that can be replaced pretty cheap without involving insurance company.
WAP.gif

You did not say how strong the wind gust were. Did you have the handlebars all the way left or were they facing front or to the right? With your bike weighing 700+ lbs, if the bars were turned all the way left it would take a very strong wind to push it over.

location ?

I am in Williamsburg, VA. We have had some strong gusts since Friday. Like I said, If the cover wasn't on it, I don't think there was anyway it could have blown it over.

Hopefully its only the throttle grip that needs replaced and not anything more. The throttle definately isn't free moving right now though

750lbs is a lot of weight for the wind knocks it over even if it's broadside wind, my Heritage is also sit on my driveway with cover on, west wind gust up 40+ mph (02/25/12) hit it on the kickstand side, no problem so far.

I can see how this could happen because last summer I experienced the same thing with the wind, only my bike weighs more than yours. Gusts this day was 45 mph out of the west, front end turned to the left. If the cover hadn't been on, I don't think it would have blown over. Got by with just a few scratches on the bottom side.

Attachments

• P1070035.JPG
    P1070035.JPG
    378.4 KB · Views: 51
  • P1070036.JPG
    P1070036.JPG
    378.5 KB · Views: 47
  • P1070038.JPG
    P1070038.JPG
    440 KB · Views: 50
  • P1070039.JPG
    P1070039.JPG