free website stats program The Wife Suprised me | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

The Wife Suprised me

Great story! Congrats to her and good luck to you. I'm not a smoker but work around guys that "have to have 'em". Of course there's the health benefits but I also see the financial benefit. Some of the guys at work may not have money for lunch but you better be darn sure they have a couple packs of cigarettes each morning. So put that money in an account and get the parts you always wanted or take a trip with the wife. Again, good luck and safe travels.

I love stories like this! She gets a new ride and your lungs get a break. You won't regret it. I quit smoking to by my last bike, an 08 Heritage. Still not smoking and riding the new 2012 Road Glide Ultra.

If only I could give up the whiskey, just think ........ oh never mind :p

I love stories like this! She gets a new ride and your lungs get a break. You won't regret it. I quit smoking to by my last bike, an 08 Heritage. Still not smoking and riding the new 2012 Road Glide Ultra.

If only I could give up the whiskey, just think ........ oh never mind :p
Heh, heh. C'mon, ya gotta have :p one vice!

Ill tell ya first hand you'll feel a 100% better than ever within two months. I quit smoking over 10 years ago smoking almost two packs a day. Good luck and congrats on the new bike.

My wife rides her own and refuses to get on the back of mine to the point that I got a solo seat......got a battle plan on quitting?

I haven't been the most active of posters on the forum. Part of that was last year after i had an accident, and wrote the bike off i just didn't want to think about what i was missing. This year i finally after much waiting got delivery of my new ride.

But, my wife has suprised me now to all ends. She has been hesitent to get on a bike after dropping my bike last year (no real damage, just a cracked master cylinder resovoir). Anyways, she and i got to talking, and she found a bike that she just loved but the price was out of our range. I told her if she wanted a bike i would quit smoking. Thinking that she would be to scared to go through with it.

Well two months later we are at our dealership trying to get a friends wife fit for different models, and my wife disappears. She's talking to the our salesguy. She hated the colour of it but the price was unbeatable. Next thing i know shes at the car getting her purse to make a deposit.

Short story long, i have to quit smoking i guess as she is now the proud owner of a 2011 Sportser Superlow.

Sorry for the long read, but i'm just excited that she's taken that final step and getting off of the back of my ride, and onto her own!

Great!!! My wife has 2011 Blue Pearl Sportster Superlow! We love to ride together so you WILL!!!! :bigsmiley12:

I know how you feel, sort of. But in the long run you will wakeup feeling better in about a month after you quit smoking !!

For all those asking if i have a plan on quitting; i've tried in the past with varied sucess. I am going to be using the patch for the obvious reasons. But, am going to still take "smoke breaks" with coworkers, under the understanding that they know i am quiting.

I am hoping this way i can first stop smoking, without having to totally change my daily habits right away. Then as i progress i will start going out less at work, and ween myself off of the social aspect, which for myself is almost as hard as the actual cigarettes to give up.

Back