free website stats program The weather | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

The weather

After all my moaning about the rubbish weather we usually have over here, we have finally had over 3 weeks of dry hot days of around 28 to 30 Degrees heat - about time too!
Such a shame for me that my Harley has been off the road for the last 6 weeks, and probably will be for another 4 weeks.
Anyone got a spare one I can borrow? LOL (Only joking).
I feel your pain having just getting my bike back after almost 1 month down, tho I do have a new engine, Best of luck to you, glad they decided to do the repairs:s

If you had been a wee bit closer my sporty does not get used much and could do with a few extra miles
I am currently in Germany with the car got stuck in a traffic jam temp went to 40 air conditioning kept us cool having been in a similar situation on bikes 3 years ago it was not any fun once wife was sick with heat exhaustion we stopped and stripped of and hid in shade till it got cooler then found an alternative route

Brian
WAP.gif

Thanks for your wishes Jack. It is so frustrating not having the bike.
Anyway, great to hear you have yours back now with the new engine. With me not being too familiar with Harley engines, do you have to take it slow for a while to break it in? Or can you just open up and ride as usual?

If you had been a wee bit closer my sporty does not get used much and could do with a few extra miles
I am currently in Germany with the car got stuck in a traffic jam temp went to 40 air conditioning kept us cool having been in a similar situation on bikes 3 years ago it was not any fun once wife was sick with heat exhaustion we stopped and stripped of and hid in shade till it got cooler then found an alternative route

Brian
WAP.gif

Thanks Brian, I would have taken you up on that offer if we lived nearer to one another.
Just as well you have aircon in your car. Enjoy Germany! The furthest I'm going this year is North Wales.

"Everybody complains about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." Charles Dudley Warner (September 12, 1829 – October 20, 1900)
Wikipedia-Charles Dudley Warner

Saturday and Sunday weather seems to work out well for most here in Sunny California. Working retail for the last decade or so means that my weekend is Monday and Tuesday, when the weather is less than desirable. Coincidence? I think not! Maybe attributable to my luck. What does that mean? Simple, my rides to and from my place of employment are often quite nice. Come Monday or Tuesday, not so much.

The weather here may not be as severe as yours, however, I like the heat! Lots of it! I may have to make a run to Arizona again.

Cheers!
Ferrous

After all my moaning about the rubbish weather we usually have over here, we have finally had over 3 weeks of dry hot days of around 28 to 30 Degrees heat - about time too!
Such a shame for me that my Harley has been off the road for the last 6 weeks, and probably will be for another 4 weeks.
Anyone got a spare one I can borrow? LOL (Only joking).

Tom, I was in Scotland for the last 2 weeks and I must say, I truly enjoyed the weather...except for the part about being on the 3rd floor of the place I was staying...since when I put in my weather request, I didn't realize that 75-80* F was so unusual and that nothing had air conditioning. :D LOL, but it was all good. We could still open the windows as the nights weren't too terrible as far as the heat was concerned. :s

Thanks for your wishes Jack. It is so frustrating not having the bike.
Anyway, great to hear you have yours back now with the new engine. With me not being too familiar with Harley engines, do you have to take it slow for a while to break it in? Or can you just open up and ride as usual?

Just like new, break in is important, 30-60-30 times 10 will do it, ride it 3rd gear accelerate to 60, back to 30 and so on 10 times then ride it as you would normal, I like to dump the oil at least 2 times before 1k miles

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom, I was in Scotland for the last 2 weeks and I must say, I truly enjoyed the weather...except for the part about being on the 3rd floor of the place I was staying...since when I put in my weather request, I didn't realize that 75-80* F was so unusual and that nothing had air conditioning. :D LOL, but it was all good. We could still open the windows as the nights weren't too terrible as far as the heat was concerned. :s

Glad you enjoyed Scotland Joy. Whereabouts did you visit?
Yes the very warm temperatures are quite rare over here. Scotland is usually a lot cooler than England, although we have had the first decent Summer since 2006, we need to become accustomed to the warmth.
Very true about air conditioning. I don't think many of our hotels have it.
I have found it difficult sleeping on the very warm nights. Because it rarely gets warm here, our homes are equipped with soft furnishings and lots of insulation to keep the heat in.
I'm only going as far as Wales this summer, I just hope it warms up again for that. We have been forecasted heavy rain and thunder storms for the next 10 days.

Tom, we stayed near Lanark which is south of Edinburgh & Glasgow. I am working on getting some pictures together to post. But it has been tough since we have gotten home. Very busy lately. :bigsmiley25:

I've lived in Dallas the past 35 years and this is by far the coolest summer I can remember here. I think we've only hit 100 once or twice so far this summer, which is extremely unusual. Next week is expected to be 100-101 but it's only gonna be 90* tomorrow and mid 90's on Sunday. Its like a cold front for this time of year. We're heading to the mountains of southwest Oklahoma for the weekend. I've never been to that area but I hear it's great riding. Been to the southeast Oklahoma mountains just north of Broken Bow. That was beautiful country. Really looking forward to tomorrow and Sundays ride.

Back