free website stats program The Wave... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

The Wave...

You're right, this has been covered before but you can see by all the reply's that it is something that we feel strongly about. I wave to everyone. I do it to affirm the camaraderie of fellow bikers. If they don't wave back, fine. I'm a big boy now and very forgiving. They won't hurt my feelings if they don't acknowledge me. I just ride on knowing that at least I did, what I feel, was the right thing to do.

Im pretty much on baard with everyone else, the wave is not saying hi how are you doing, its saying, hey we share the same passion, and its great to be out here, enjoy the day,, and get home safe, Its a freedom of open road that a lot of people will never experiance, really a shame. >-- RIDE SAFE

Thanks for all the replies. I too use the nod when it is not practical to give the traditional low wave or if it's just not practical. Well I'll keep on greeting others because along the the way. Just because... ::) Take care all.

I have been around motorcycling for about 40 years. Is it just me or do fewer bikers give a greeting wave? I acknowledge every bike I come across. I don't care what is branded on the side as long as it has a motor and two wheels (or three). I just see it as common courtesy and a shared passion, motorcycling. What do you think? Sorry if this has been covered before..

The "wave" has been discussed throughly, may want to use the Search tab to find related threads using keywords of your interest...

http://www.hdtimeline.com/general_harley_davidson_topic/12706-do_you_do_the_biker_wave_at_sport_bike_riders.html

And yes I do wave, at virtually all 2 motorized two wheelers...keeping in mind that ridership is down, as less free time is available, and the freedoms we enjoy may get restricted if we maintain the bad biker image or be like the few who run totally loud bikes in quiet residential areas or demonstrate high speeds or poor judgement when it is not appropriate. :small3d007: I always wave and smile especially if kids faces light up in a cage, while the parents are trying to turn them away or those that have the forlorn "--wish I was there look" :D

I wave at all bikers unless it's dangerous, If my hands are tied I sometimes give them a foot or nod. It particularly makes my day if I encounter police bikers and they wave back :)

No distinction between brands, but it does make me grin from ear to ear when a fellow harley rider passes and starts waving from far away.

Take care,

Have been riding for years and agree that many do not wave at passing bikes as much as they used too. Back in the day when I was forst starting to ride we would hould up a fisted hand (for lack of a better term) to tell the passing bike that the road ahead is clear and no cops around. This clasped hand turned into like a rock and roll type of hand gesture and now it is just a point or half peace sign. The meaning is all different now but I for one still wave \ point \ or acknowledge the passing bike. Yes, even scooters...

When I am out riding I am having fun so I wave....

Have a great day

Scooters are the best to give a wave too. It almost seems like they are not sure if they are a real rider or not, so half the time they do not return it. The ones that do always seem to have a great big smile since they are shocked a guy on a big Harley included them in the brotherhood. That is pretty much a quote from one that pulled up next to me at the gas station.

Like others have said, unless I am tied up with the clutch I try to wave at everyone. Got stuck with my hand hanging out for about 30 seconds one day when what seemed like the entire Sons of Silence club here in Denver roared past. Just left it out there, and the ride boss and most of the guys on my side returned it.

Back