free website stats program The vents are in! | Harley Davidson Forums

The vents are in!

Grillfish

You can find info on the lower install here:

Road Glide HD Lowers - installed - Harley Davidson Community

Well, after doing some riding after work the past few days, I went ahead and installed the vents in the lowers. Let's just say this is not for the faint of heart. When your about to plunge the zip bit into those nice painted lowers, your heartbeat goes up.

Overall, not that hard. I used my Dremel w/ a cutting bit. It works great. Working clockwise the bit cut the best. It takes time to ensure it snaps into place properly.

The vents are on ebay for about $35 and come in chrome and gloss black. You can open and close them as needed. The website is here --> .:Classic Motorcycle Air Vents.:.

I need to put a small bead of silicone inside to ensure no leakage, but with no rain in sight for 7 days here in FL, I'll do that later.

Will test them out later today and over the weekend.

100_0201.jpg

100_0202.jpg

Ride safe, have fun and enjoy this nice weather some folks are getting!

Test ride as it was too nice to sit in the office all day.

With the vents open, the air flows nice and eliminates that hot dead spot behind the lowers, especially on the right side. It's 80% here and the air flow was nice and cool and felt it on my jeans and even as it flowed upwards. Vents closed, I could feel the heat right away.

I think these are going to work nicely.

The first time you plung that zip bit into the lowers... it's all or nothing after that. Measure twice, cut once as my father taught me.

Ride safe and have fun.

Test ride as it was too nice to sit in the office all day.

With the vents open, the air flows nice and eliminates that hot dead spot behind the lowers, especially on the right side. It's 80% here and the air flow was nice and cool and felt it on my jeans and even as it flowed upwards. Vents closed, I could feel the heat right away.

I think these are going to work nicely.

The first time you plung that zip bit into the lowers... it's all or nothing after that. Measure twice, cut once as my father taught me.

Ride safe and have fun.

Nice job and looks professional...! I was looking at your name Grillfish and had to chuckle...what an appropriate thread to put into the Self Help Tips (once you detail the work you did). :newsmile100:

Very nice but I'm all thumbs when it comes to cutting, drilling, etc. Guess I'll just have to enjoy the vents from a distance.

Back