free website stats program The Ultimate Question... | Harley Davidson Forums

The Ultimate Question...

YmmitHD

Hello fellow riders. As you can see by my post count i am new and further more Harleyless (FOR NOW!). What i am wonder is what should i expect out of any of the Dyna's? I currently own a 1979 Honda CB750K and i know anything newer would be a step up in ride comfort. What I am faced with is a family that strictly runs Honda's. Should seen them when i wore my new 105th anniversary shirt it was great!!! Man did it get them goin, enough that my pop's said he was gonna steal the shirt and burn it.

So anyways the FuN FiLtEr (aka Wife) has decide that we can start to save for new bike New/Used as long as it's a HD and she gets her cute little HD Riding jacket. Now can anyone give some insight on what the differences are in the different Model Dyna's? What should one look for when lookin buy one of the models? I know everything boils down to personal preference but again i'm new. I have heard all the good things from fellow harley riders and of course all the bad things from the Foreign riders. I don't care about that, that much for it alter my decision on what i buy.

Well any help is gonna be greatly appreciated.

YmmitHD

The type of bike you need to buy should fit the type of ridding you want to do. If you want to do a lot of 2 up riding a dyna might not be as good as a touring bike. Then again if you want to have bar hoppen ability and a little more style than a Dyna do a Softail. Lots of things to consider. Not an easy questions to advise.

Yeah I'm Kind of set on a Dyna. The Wife won't ride all the time but when she does ride with me i want her to feel comfortable unlike on my honda. I do a lot of local riding, you know 40 miles here, 70 there. I haven't push it past a 100 miles in a day just cause my bike now is just to uncomfortable for those types of rides.

Tim

Than I agree, go with the super glide. Nice ride and are sporter than the "sofa's" but some of us love to lounge. You will enjoy the ride.

chose your weapon - Super Glide/Super glide custom/Lower rider/Street Bob/New Fat Bob
as you are most likely looking to ride 2 up avoid the Street Bob as this is a solo rider bike and will cost you an extra leg to convert to pillion suitable :D
take a look at the Super Glide this has pillion provision already on the bike all you would need is the sissy bar and you are good to go.
The Dyna in my opinion is like a larger sportster in that it has twin shock rear, the Dyna's are more sporty in handling than the softails and road sofas sorrry touring bikes :D and
they are more than capable of giving you huge grins.

I have mostly looking at the Super glide, Super glide custom and low rider. What are the major differences from the supers & low rider?

Yeah the super is more in our price range if we bought new. Who know might come across a good deal by the time next season comes around. My big thing is just hearing others experience with them and what they know. I hear to pick brains for now.

chose your weapon .... avoid the Street Bob as this is a solo rider bike and will cost you an extra leg to convert to pillion suitable .....

I have a 2006 Street Bob.
I typically ride solo.
I have added rear pegs, 2-up HD seat and detachable backrest so the missus can ride with me.
She loves the ride and says the swingarm mounted pegs don't bother her.
She will not highway ride for fear of death??? go figure that?

Anyways I'm more than happy to oblige her and tour solo with the solo seat and the backrest and fender rack to hold my Kuryakin Grantour trunk bag which make me a great backrest. Add saddlebags and a quick release windshield and it's a tourer.
route66AZ.jpg

What I love most about my Street bob is it looks kick @ss NAKED.
SBwash.jpg

Determine how much and what type of riding you'll do. Buy the bike for that primary purpose. Then make it work for all other uses.

Choices, choices, choices. I want 'em all!

I
What I love most about my Street bob is it looks kick @ss NAKED.
SBwash.jpg

Determine how much and what type of riding you'll do. Buy the bike for that primary purpose. Then make it work for all other uses.

Choices, choices, choices. I want 'em all!

Thats what i like about the Dyna's is that they just look kick ass bare. When i get a HD i will be riding rain or shine. I mainly get my rides in to work and back but the wife allows me to go for therapy/stress reliever ride the days she's off.

Very sharp bike by the way.

Tim

Keep an eye out on ebay and Craigslist to for some local sales, there are usually plenty out there to choose from that may have some nice upgrades to go along with them. May allow you to step up to the custom, low rider, or maybe a fat bob if you so desire as well, while staying in the price range.

Then watch your family, they'll ridicule you and then turn around and buy one after you let them take it for a spin one day :)

i would have to say fat bob for you and the wife , for some saftey reasons like the dule brake in the front , and the list go`s on ... but like any other it all ends up to your taste , go and rent one for a day and try all of the dyna`s and see what felt best for you and the wife :)

Back