free website stats program The Ultimate Bikers Movie | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

The Ultimate Bikers Movie

I know it wasn't a great movie ,but anyone remember C.C. rider starring Joe Namoth ?

Sure do. I have it on DVD along with a few other *classics*. I also have a few taped from Friday Bike Night on TV here like 'Angels Hard as They Come'.

I also like the Australian movie Stone.

Ghostrider is good entertainment like Wild Hogs.

I do like those '70s classics. I am looking forward to Hell Ride.

Really enjoyed The Worlds Fastest Indian. Invercargill is on a few hours south of here. I keep meaning to go for a ride along the beach or find some time to attend the bike rally. Some of Burt Munroe's relatives live a few km from here.

I don't know about the "ultimate biker movie" but in my opinion the closest to real life is, "Mask" with Sam Elliot, Cher and Eric Stoltz.

MY $.02

Someone mentioned The Great Escape. In 1963, Steve McQueen's motorcycle scenes in that classic movie were a then 11 year-old boys primary inspiration to ride. That 11 year old was me. For those familiar with the movie, here's some interesting (to me, anyway) facts:

During the climatic motorcycle chase, Director John Sturges allowed Steve McQueen to ride (in disguise) as one of the pursuing German soldiers, so that in the final sequence (through the magic of editing), he's actually chasing himself.

Although Steve McQueen did his own motorcycle riding, there was one stunt he did not perform: the hair-raising 60-foot jump over a fence. This was done by McQueen's friend Bud Ekins, who was managing a Los Angeles-area motorcycle shop when recruited for the stunt. McQueen also personally attempted the jump across the border fence, but crashed.

Hilts (Steve McQueen) strings a wire across the road to obtain a motorcycle. McQueen himself played the German motorcyclist who hits the wire and crashes.

Steve McQueen accepted the role of Hilts on the condition that he got to show off his motorcycle skills.

The motorcycle that Hilts (Steve McQueen) rides is a cosmetically modified Triumph TR6 Trophy. As is well known, these British motorcycle models were not in existence during the Second World War.

Last edited:
I don't know if it is available on DVD yet, but Masters of Menace (1990) is one of the funnier "Biker" type movies out there. It stars David Rasche (T.V. show Sledgehammer) and Catherine Bach, and Hilarious individual characters AND cameos by John Candy, Dan Akroyd, Jim Belushi, George Wendt.

It's a good DUMB fun and a great winter/rainy day move to watch! :newsmile100:

Gotta throw out Long Way 'Round again, even though it's not so much about street riding. It's great to see a low-budget documentary done so well. It's also great seeing a famous actor (Ewan McGregor) eating dirt every five minutes. Don't get me wrong, I would never wish harm to any fellow rider, but it's pretty funny stuff to see him go face first into mud puddles after seeing him in Star Wars and Black Hawk Down.:bigsmiley20:

I love all of those baad biker movies from 60s & 70s. They were so bad they were good here is a few.
She Devils on wheels- 1968- gotta love those She Devils
Devils Angels-1967-really bad

Back