Since last September my good friend and I have been planning our first road trip to the Black Hills of SD. We've been doing our research and purchasing our supplies in great anticipation of our departure date of July 30, of this year. I've made reservations and sent in the payment so there is nothing left but the wait. That is until today. My friend had a small lump on his temple that he had removed earlier this year and it seems to have made a comeback. He went to his doctor and the worst has been confirmed. He has an aggressive form of skin cancer. He is going in for surgery later this month and then he's to begin treatment to prevent it from entering the lymphatic system. In other words.......he can't go. So now I'm faced with the prospect of losing the money I've put out already or ..against the pleading of my lovely wife doing what Pru7536 did and just go it alone. Having never done an extended road trip the thought of doing it alone is somewhat intimidating. I suppose it's just more for the adventure of it all. Oh well, I still have a month to ponder this dilemma. To go or not to go.....that is the question. I'd appreciate the opinions from this forum and maybe some advice from Pru if you see this.