free website stats program The sportster clutch issues found me! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

The sportster clutch issues found me!

Hey,
I finally got my bike back today! I kept my old parts so I could see whY the shop found. My brass rivets in the spring plate were completely worn down(a few sheared off), clutch disks worn, bent, burnt it looked like a bit of all the bad stuff. I guess once those cheap rivets went, they tear up everything. It's amazing I only had clutch slippage and not a total failure while riding. My guardian angle bell, did it's job I suppose.
I'll have to go look at the invoice for the final price and breakdown. I got some kind of discount from the quoted price. My Nightster now has a Barnett hi-performance clutch and a Barnett clutch cable I previously installed before my shop visit. As the shop owner told me, I get all the power out of my bike now...it wants to burnout and pop wheelies if you get on it. Amazing! Only warning, this setup has a stiff clutch feel, so it wouldn't appeal to everyone. The shop installed the heavy clutch springs, but said if I decide it's not to my liking, he'll put in factory springs, much softer.
I don't ever want to have this issue again,so I'm going to stick with this setup. I got it out on the FWY, to go to my girl friend's house and back. The bike pulls great in every gear!idonot need to downshift out of fifth gear for passing. It wasn't fun waiting this long,but I got what I wanted for a fix.

John
WAP.gif

The same thing happened to me at 30,000 and just before a ride from Saginaw mi to las Vargas NV to Spokane WA seeing the grand canon and glacier Nat park and as ever yon knows that HD not only stands Harley Davidson but.... you know the rest. I just had to postpone my ride a couple of months cheers jim

Back