free website stats program the sporster gives a lesson | Harley Davidson Forums

the sporster gives a lesson

dlao

Finally got a good day for riding. Now I being a 40 something was riding with a bunch of 20 somethings. I on my sportster, they on their victorys and shadows. Now being the only Harley guess who got all the grief. Finally after leaving town they all took of as if it were a race, so I obliged. Now I being the last one to take of first went by those shadows like they were standing still. Next a 1340cc victory and then the 1500cc victory. Next stop the dude on the 1500 says "you must have really been on it when you went by me". I said "about half throttle". Later at the pub a gorgeous chick walks in and comes up to me [in my harley jacket] and asks "is that your harley out there, can I have a ride"? I think they are all rethinking their purchase now.

That was one of the things I loved about my Sporty. It was fast! I could get through the gears in no time and be cruising at 75. By the way, way to go!

LOL so how much did you pay her to say that j/k :D
the sporty is lighter than all of those so i would expect to run well specailly if you have added a stage 1

they all new her, I didn't and they said i coudn't do it.

i used to tear it up on all of my sporties my fav was going under sports bikes on my Nightster thru the twisties :D
so did you take her for the ride?

Of course, I may not be the smartest guy, but I'm not the dumbest either

Way to go Dlao...I have to say everyone who has ridden on my Harley has come away with a big smile on their face...! I must say that Sporties '04 and later with the smoother rubber motor mounts, and narrower "look" side covers and custom trim seem to feel sportier and athletic out of the box as each year passes. I think they hit a high water mark in 2008 for the "chrome/custom" look. The 2009 seems to have moved towards the more "Goth" like, with more black chrome and more appeal to the younger crowd...only the "Custom" model remains, not a bad thing, just different marketing strategy and certainly the performance and minimalist design still prevails. :p

I took my 1200R out for about 60 miles today. Hit some twisties and some smooth straights.

Its my little Harley crotch rocket. I love that bike.

Way to go Dlao...I have to say everyone who has ridden on my Harley has come away with a big smile on their face...! I must say that Sporties '04 and later with the smoother rubber motor mounts, and narrower "look" side covers and custom trim seem to feel sportier and athletic out of the box as each year passes. I think they hit a high water mark in 2008 for the "chrome/custom" look. The 2009 seems to have moved towards the more "Goth" like, with more black chrome and more appeal to the younger crowd...only the "Custom" model remains, not a bad thing, just different marketing strategy and certainly the performance and minimalist design still prevails. :p

Yep to that - I'm really glad I got my new Sporty in December 08. I love that mix of chrome and black. I've never ridden a 1200; my 883 handles nicely but I'm looking forward to a bit more poke once she's SE1 soon. I live near Hobbit's turf so I have all those country lanes to look forward to :D:D

p.s. Well done Dlao.
There's jeans and there's Levis, there's sparkling wine and there's Champagne, there's motorbikes and there's Harley Davidson......:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Rode a Victory nice bike ran ok but boring IMO
was just another sewing machine on wheels just my take

Which one did you ride Smitty? The Victory is a huge looking piece but apparently duff brakes.
Saw a piece on You Tube by MCN of Glide, GWing, BMW K1200LT and Victory ride around the British Isles - they gave the laurels in the end to the Victory and the BMW with the Beemer edging it.
Anyway - horses for courses and each to their own.

Last edited:
Back