free website stats program The sound of memories | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

The sound of memories

A great feeling isn't it? We were riding this summer and stopped at a fast food restaurant for lunch. Here we were in all our leather, doo rags, etc. When we left, a little old lady (she said she was 86) walked out in front of us. When we got to our bikes, she stopped and looked at us, then told us that she used to ride with her husband and that he'd passed a few years ago. I was already sitting on my bike and got off to help her in her car. She told us to "Ride SAFE" and enjoy the time we have together. Then sat there and waited for us to start up and ride off. She left a lasting impression on me.
Hey thanks there Patriot rider; From a U S Marine

My grandmother passed away in 1999 at 90. She lived a long, full life. Her death/funeral for me was a celebration of her long life. At her funeral, my cousin relayed a story that sort of brings home the fact the our elderly were young once, and basically had the same thought processes that we have. Apparently, my grandfather, many years ago (died in 1977), had a little action on the side. Working at a diner on the MD side of the Potomac River between VA and MD, my grandmother noticed one day my grandfather pass by on his way to his "action." My grandmother excused herself from work for a few minutes, followed him to confirm her suspicions, which were confirmed. Arriving home that night, my grandfather asked how much tips she earned that day. She apparently replied, a fair amount, by the way, how much...did you get today?

JEROMESERENA:

I'll check this out when I get to work in a few minutes, thanks for the search and post. He's one of the funniest I've ever heard, and even if its not what I've been looking for I'm sure I'll have some laughs today from it. Thanks for the post/reply.

My grandmother lived to 90 because she worked almost to the end. Falling and breaking her hip thus making her immobile was the beginning of the 'beginning' for her. She had one eye due to cataracts surgery before I was born. She drove a huge lincoln towncar, lived in the sticks, and probably was a terror to many on the roads around her. She kept a spare glass eye in a drawer in her bedroom. At her funeral, while we were going through her stuff at her house, I found her spare eye. I said, look, she's keeping an eye out for us. I couldn't resist. By the way, her first name was Cinderella. Unique name for a wonderful grandmother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gucd0IbRn5c

i think this is what you are looking for

please be aware there is very strong language in this clip do not view if you are easily offended

Couldn't listen to it at work, military won't let youtube downloads, but finally got home today, and yep, that's the one. I quickly passed the link on to an old friend who had loaned me the cassette so many years ago now. Thanks for finding that.

Back