free website stats program The Sound is so LURING | Harley Davidson Forums

The Sound is so LURING

Randall K. Wilson

I live on a major US Hi-Way. Once a year I take the weekend to trim a long Privet hedge. It is pretty much a two day job. Got a start on Friday with the intention of ending up saturday. It was a beautiful day, low humidity, sunny and nice.

As I was working in the front yard near the hi-way I would hear a Harley coming into town. Now as they approach my front yard they have to slow down from 55 to 30. Hence I get to get a better look at the machines.

Most of the time it was a single Harley. Then pairs, and a small batch. Needless to say it was hard for me to keep my mind on what I was doing when I would hear that awesome rumble getting closer.

I would think..."I wonder where these folk are headed to?" Then I got to thinking, it would be fun to just jump on my Roadking and follow behind them for the shear adventure of it. Reality would set in quickly and I would get back to trimming and raking the task at hand.

At about noon I heard a really loud rumble...I looked down the hi-way and seen a long line of H-D headlights comming my way. I started counting the number of bikes but there was so many and at the speed they were doing it was impossible. I dare say there could have been fifty or more. Then I totally lost sense of reality and headed for my Roadking. It was my intension to get on out to the hi-way and come up from the rear.

I poked on my helmet, as I was climbing onto the seat. Then I reached in my pocket. Oh shucks!...my cotton pick'en Harley keys are in the house!!!!!!!!!:cry

I started to run to the house and get my keys and then reality set in again..."Randy...get back to work". And I did.

What is it about the sound of those machines?....in a large pack....the sound is so luring.

Who trims, and what's a "rake" ???? :D

You wouldn't believe all of the honey-do's at my house that are put off so I can ride...

Really sad thing is the wifey is the first to say the heck with it and lets go.:D

You can not beat the sound of a Harley. I'm the same way when I hear them. I start wondering where they are and where they are going and it makes me get on mine and strike out riden. I have loved the sound of them every since I was a kid.

There is definately something about that sound. Maybe that is why it was the first to be patented.

Gotta love it

The hedge will always be there.... next time get on and go. Maybe instead of trimming the hedge... just cut that sucker down and no more hassle to trim it. Sit out in the yard and when you hear the bikes approaching get on and GO...
:bigsmiley22:

To all those who have responded to my original posted message. My Harley keys are under my pillow at night. In my pocket right after I put on my glasses in the morning....24-7-366 days a year. Now next time I hear the sound of that wonderful V-Twin and the urge hits me. Who ever is behind me on the road will only see this (see below), but with me in the saddle !:D
100thRear.jpg

To all those who have responded to my original posted message. My Harley keys are under my pillow at night. In my pocket right after I put on my glasses in the morning....24-7-366 days a year. Now next time I hear the sound of that wonderful V-Twin and the urge hits me. Who ever is behind me on the road will only see this (see below), but with me in the saddle !:D
100thRear.jpg

That's the right attitude
:hii

Back