free website stats program The smell of Harley Davidsons | Harley Davidson Forums

The smell of Harley Davidsons

biscuit

Has anybody else noticed the 'smell' of a Harley?I'm not saying it's bad or anything,just noticeable.And particular to H-D.

When i walk into my garage i can most definitely smell my bike.It is a combination of oil and petrol and something else i cant put my finger on.A mechanical type of odour.Now before you say say i'm loopy,we bought a brand new Honda car in March this year and that smells like hot metal when its been used.The Harley smells ALL the time.
Today i went to my dealer to buy some extra trinkets for my bike and as soon i walked into the place there 'IT' was! H-D perfume.I mentioned this to the woman who sold us our bikes and she said yes,she agreed.Harley's have their own cachet.

What do others think?

I smell it too ..I think the other thing you are smelling is rubber and no you are not loopy......either that or I am loopy too.:D

I agree, mine has that smell also. (add alittle leather to the mix too) People ask me how do you like your Harley? My repsonse: Nothing about it I don't like, I like the way it looks, I like the way it smells, I for sure like the way it sounds. Nothing else in the world has that sound. :D

Ah hah one more reason for the wife. I need a new air freshener for our garage!!!!:newsmile048::newsmile048::D

Back