The smell of Harley Davidsons

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by biscuit, Aug 25, 2008.

1. biscuit

biscuit Junior Member

Has anybody else noticed the 'smell' of a Harley?I'm not saying it's bad or anything,just noticeable.And particular to H-D.

When i walk into my garage i can most definitely smell my bike.It is a combination of oil and petrol and something else i cant put my finger on.A mechanical type of odour.Now before you say say i'm loopy,we bought a brand new Honda car in March this year and that smells like hot metal when its been used.The Harley smells ALL the time.
    Today i went to my dealer to buy some extra trinkets for my bike and as soon i walked into the place there 'IT' was! H-D perfume.I mentioned this to the woman who sold us our bikes and she said yes,she agreed.Harley's have their own cachet.

What do others think?

2. Tigg

Tigg Junior Member

I smell it too ..I think the other thing you are smelling is rubber and no you are not loopy......either that or I am loopy too.:D

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

I smell it too in my garage, I guess we're all loopy!:D

4. Lancer

Lancer Junior Member

I agree, mine has that smell also. (add alittle leather to the mix too) People ask me how do you like your Harley? My repsonse: Nothing about it I don't like, I like the way it looks, I like the way it smells, I for sure like the way it sounds. Nothing else in the world has that sound. :D

5. ProF

ProF Junior Member

Nah, it's not the bikes, it's the skunky bikers that ride them!:18:

6. tlyoungb

tlyoungb Junior Member

I thought it was me passing Gas?:p:FLORIDA:newsmile100:

7. YmmitHD

YmmitHD Active Member

Ah hah one more reason for the wife. I need a new air freshener for our garage!!!!:newsmile048::newsmile048::D

8. tlyoungb

tlyoungb Junior Member

Ah now you can point the finger and say "SHE DID IT":newsmile100: (I mean the bike not her)

9. Tigg

Tigg Junior Member

Nah its not me its the bike honey Lifts arm and sniffs well maybe :sd

10. glider

glider Veteran Member

Ahhhhh, that's a good smell for sure!:s