free website stats program The same old question -which oil? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

The same old question -which oil?

Want to Really quiet that trans down? Use Sprectro in the gear box. I myself like the clunk and now miss it. I bet it took out 50% of the "noise" I love.

Thanks Hoople. I'll have to check it out on my next change. They don't sell it around here, so I'll have to get it mail order, but if it eliminates the clunk, I'll give it a shot.

work for me mobil 1 vtwin engene spectro for primary and spectro platinum 6 speed perfect mach for me :worthy

but if it eliminates the clunk, I'll give it a shot.

Well nothing except transmission synchronizers will totally eliminate the clunk but the Spectro did reduce the noise a noticeable amount. Especially once the bike is hot/warmed up. Not all the time,, but there are times when I can drop it into 1st from neutral and it is almost silent.

I will have to see what the long term results are, but so far so good.

Smitty, I agree. I really would not want a silent gearbox myself. I am waiting for Spectro to come come out with a gear oil that says "Now with Clunk Enhancers" on the label.

Put me down for a case!:)

If it dont clunk it aint a Harley, kind of the mystique IMO:s

From my understanding, the "V-Twin" oil has the necessary clutch disc modifiers in it so it can be used in the primary area and not just the engine crankcase.

I myself don't use the product but read into it because I wanted to know what the difference was between the V-Twin and non-V-Twin. I originally thought the V-Twin must have some EP or extra wear properties but that was not true.

That is how I understand it. Therefore if you plan on using it just in your crank-case, the need to find the V-Twin is not necessary.

Since this is an oil related thread, there may be people out there that disagree. This is what I found after reading through Mobile 1 documentation. Let me know if I am in left field.

I believe the main difference is the V-Twin can be used in the wet clutch. So no big deal to use the M1 15W50; as long as it is the US bottled and not the Canadian bottled version. The Canadian bottled 15W50 does not contain the zinc and phosphorous (as per their MSDS).

Just found a local dealer that carries Red Line V-Twin Transmission w/Shockproof. Heard great stuff about it and going to give it a shot and see if there are any noticeable differences over the M1. Add that to front brake pads, clutch adjustment, and possible fork oil for the weekend. My J&S comes tomorrow.

Guess I won't be riding one day this weekend. :cry

Just found a local dealer that carries Red Line V-Twin Transmission w/Shockproof. Heard great stuff about it and going to give it a shot and see if there are any noticeable differences over the M1. Add that to front brake pads, clutch adjustment, and possible fork oil for the weekend. My J&S comes tomorrow.

Guess I won't be riding one day this weekend. :cry

Aint it great living here in Florida where we can wrench and ride all year long:s

Aint it great living here in Florida where we can wrench and ride all year long:s

You got that right Jack! I have no clue what winterizing is? Christmas day is perfect for a ride down A1A enjoying the surf and looking at all the houses that all never have...but that's OK by me.

Back