free website stats program The Pillion Seat for the Street Bob | Harley Davidson Forums

The Pillion Seat for the Street Bob

ugocon

Just a quick snapshot of the new genuine HD passenger pillion I installed on my SB.
It's removable and, as you can see, thick, wide and really good for long rides also: my wife appreciated it very much.
Resize of 10042010115.jpg

As a comparison, here below are some views of the standard pillion that comes with the 2010 Wide Glide.
I don't want to be controversial, but IMO this is ridiculous: it can host only one buttock at time!
:D
I mean, why put something on a bike that needs to be substituted if one wants to ride two up in an at least decent way??

These are the things that make me think and doubt of the management quality at the MoCo.

Bah!

Ciao
Ugo

6420.jpg
6416.jpg

Have to agree...reminds me when I was in hardware engineering, loading software...quite honestly, only a few had actually LOADED their software up from scratch...! I wonder how many of the R&D guys who designed that "trick" looking pillion actually SAT on it..."DEPENDS" comes to mind, as my gal said :newsmile100:

Just a quick snapshot of the new genuine HD passenger pillion I installed on my SB.
It's removable and, as you can see, thick, wide and really good for long rides also: my wife appreciated it very much.
Resize of 10042010115.jpg

As a comparison, here below are some views of the standard pillion that comes with the 2010 Wide Glide.
I don't want to be controversial, but IMO this is ridiculous: it can host only one buttock at time!
:D
I mean, why put something on a bike that needs to be substituted if one wants to ride two up in an at least decent way??

These are the things that make me think and doubt of the management quality at the MoCo.

Bah!

Ciao
Ugo

6420.jpg
6416.jpg
Ugo - that looks good, could you give me the model # of the pillon seat and back rest? And are you very happy with your Le Pera?
-Van Island

Here you are VanIsland:
  • Pillion Seat P/N 52689-09 229.10
  • Luggage rack P/N 52796-09 203.64
  • Sissy Bar P/N 52726-09 76.32
  • Cushion for the Sissy Bar P/N 51782-07 89.05
  • Passenger footpeg kit P/N 49088-09 152.71
  • Total 750
  • Final Price 675
Remarks:
  • the luggage rack is necessary to host the pillion seat when needed
  • the footpeg are not included: I used the standard ones I removed when I changed them for the "flame"
  • the passenger footpeg kit (a piece of metal where to insert the footpegs) has doubled the price vs. 2009 inexplicably!
I reported Euro as currency, but roughly divide by 1.5 and you get dollars: in Europe Harley Davidson has adopted the infamous "robbery approach"! :newsmile055:
Ciao
Ugo

"in Europe Harley Davidson has adopted the infamous "robbery approach"!
lol - yeah I think in Canada too.

Nice Bike Ugo thanks for the info.
Van Island

Back