free website stats program The Next Generation | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

The Next Generation

in daytona years back a couple was shocked when i let them put there daughter on the bike to take pics ,i told them she cant do no worse to it than i do . it didnt bother them that it was just an AMF LOL

Happens to me all the time!! Got to be the Harley, cuz it sure never happened on my metric bikes... Gotta love Harleys eh!!:D

You know guys, with the world going downhill, economy and everything, this thread truly made me smile, Ive experianced some of the same. To tell you the truth, It tickles me as much as the kids, GOD Bless America,,,, Tim :D

Was heading down to the island the other day and passed a pickup with about 1/2 dozen kids in the back, they all waved and I waved back, it was a heart warmer for sure.
It did bother me however the kids, were in the back of the pickup with no restraints and traveling about 50mph, not good if something were to happen.

Came across a couple of little girls (maybe 6-7) playing in their driveway the other day & they gave me the trucker horn "fist pump" when I drove by. Loved the look on their face when I tooted & roared away. They both waved & danced...good feeling indeed...

When my neighbor's grandson comes to visit, they have a little battery powered motorcycle for him to ride around the block. He stopped to chat with me about bikes when I had my bike in the driveway... I think he's already hooked!

My two girls are ages 8 and 11. The 8 year old loves the bike, I just got her a helmet since she can now reach the passenger foot boards. The 11 year old is very cautious and has no interest in riding. She always gives me the "be safe" lecture when I'm getting ready to ride, and usually greets me in the garage when I get back.

I had a similar experience with a school bus. After abut a mile the whole back of the bus was full of the kids waving and smiling watching me ride. Very cool.

This story reminds me of something like that. It happened back in the late 1960s on a Saturday afternoon. We were cruising down the interstate, just gettin by and enjoying ourselves. A school bus pulls up in the left lane to pass. I look over and all I can see is butt cracks. We were mooned by a bus load of high school kids returning from a game, I suppose. I hesitate to say this, but...they cracked us up.

Our first grandchild is just 20 months old. This past August we were visiting and I had the bike in the toyhauler. She wanted to see inside the trailer, so I lifted her up to get inside. When she saw the bike, she lost all interest in the trailer...it was, "Pop's bike, Pop's bike". Trying to get her out of the trailer was a chore, and when she was finally on the sidewalk, it was, "Bye bike". I am pretty sure she will be riding as soon as she can. Her Dad rides and her Mom is kinda thinking about it. As soon as she is able to stay on, I think I'll kidnap her for her first ride...that is if her Dad doesn't beat me to it.

Was heading down to the island the other day and passed a pickup with about 1/2 dozen kids in the back, they all waved and I waved back, it was a heart warmer for sure.
It did bother me however the kids, were in the back of the pickup with no restraints and traveling about 50mph, not good if something were to happen.

Ya gotta wonder how we survived. I remember riding 200 miles round trip in the back of our pickup with my brother and sisters ( Mom, Dad & the baby rode in the front) every month to get groceries, come rain or shine. Winter time Dad had an insulated home made canopy, but he ran the exhaust pipe up through the box and out the top to give us a bit of warmth.
We had an old couch that just fit across the box just behind the cab. The truck was a 1952 Fargo...and it was Maroon (Purple).

Back