free website stats program The Next Generation | Harley Davidson Forums

The Next Generation

Dr.Evil

This morning on my way to work I turned the corner and down shifted in to 2nd and began to wind it out. Just up ahead, stood an 8 year old boy at the end of the driveway waiting for his school bus. He picked up his head and looked my way; he then waved as I roared by, waving back. This just made my day. I hope he doesn’t wait as long as I did.

Great story. I recently had a similar experience and came away with a similar feeling. I could only hope the yougster chooses an HD.

Bodeen

This morning on my way to work I turned the corner and down shifted in to 2nd and began to wind it out. Just up ahead, stood an 8 year old boy at the end of the driveway waiting for his school bus. He picked up his head and looked my way; he then waved as I roared by, waving back. This just made my day. I hope he doesn’t wait as long as I did.
Just went on a benefit poker run for the forestry dept. The world head quarters is right next to the zoo. Any how a young lad about 4yrs and his grand ma was walking past and I set him on the scoot. Ruined for life. You're right, does feel good.

My 2 little boys go nuts when a bike goes by our house. They run to the fence and wave at everyone that goes by. I watch them thinking "Yea..in a few years they will be fighting over who gets to ride on mine":s. It's a good feeling. And they will ride Harleys!

A small gesture of acknowledgment can make any kids day; and mine too.
After all, we're just bigger kids with a bigger toy.

I had a similar experience with a school bus. After abut a mile the whole back of the bus was full of the kids waving and smiling watching me ride. Very cool.

My little grandson ( 3 years old) gets so excited when 'papa' starts or rides the Harley. Often, he and I just sit on the bike, fire it up, and he stretches his little arms to twist the throttle. Even above the sound of the bike, I hear his giggle.
He'll ride Harley.

It's pretty neat when you see their heads turn when they hear the unmistakable Harley sound! How many generations of us did exactly that? :newsmile061: I always give them a thumbs up and usually a little throttle music!:D
Back when the other kids were clothespinning their Mickey Mantle baseball cards to clatter against the spokes for a 'motorsickle' sound, my pal Lester and I discovered if you took a big balloon but only partially filled it (they would last longer that way!), you could clip THAT on the fender brace and get a serious 'HARLEY' sound! Blub blub blub blub....

We also used to attach cut off old chrome sink traps we'd scavenge from the dump, to the frame in the back to resemble chrome pipes! Yeah, we had it bad, and it was good!:worthy

Back