free website stats program The mouse must die | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

The mouse must die

Get a bottle of Red Fox Urine from Cabelas, spray it around the corner of where you keep your bike, no small games wanna get close to. I keep my bike in the shed on winter months, rodents/mice/rabbits and even stinky skunks live in there, I sprayed in four corners of the shed and the next day, they all moves out and stay away from my shed, re spray it after a week or so for a few more times and no more unwanted critters stay in it.

Getting ready to find a place in my shop to store mine. Will be using some type of poison and the neighborhood cat.

We live in the country with fields and trees all around. Making a building mouse proof is nearly impossible. We tried all sorts of remedies for keeping mice out of the cars and bikes parked in the garage and found the only think that works on a steady basis is a shop cat named Sophie. I have a cat door installed in the walk door so she comes and goes as she pleases. She has several feral buddies who hang around for some free Kibble, so the area is surrounded with cat scent. Now I never see mice inside or out.
Our agreement is I never see a mouse,or even evidence of a mouse in the garage and she gets unlimited Kibble and gets to sleep on the Ultra seat.

stuff some dryer sheets around your bike they dont like the smell too strong realy works. I also have a cat that i have witnessed catching bats outta the air. He cant get into the garage though

After 7 inches of snow and cooold we had some great weather this week. I took the UC to work on Tuesday and was only a 1/4 mile from the house when sawdust started to blow in my face and around the tank. I parked and saw some light dust falling from the lower left corner of the fairing. If I thumped a little harder much more would fall. So, I have a field mouse that thinks a fairing is a great place to store hickory nuts for the winter. :newsmile055:

I read on this site how to remove the outer cover so this Saturday he will get evicted. But...how do I keep more from moving in??

Maybe we found where Biglew55 is letting his live trapped mice loose.:D

honestly, the bucket of water or anti-freeze in the bottom with a can coated in peanut butter on a wire with some sort of ramp is by far the best way to kill multiple mice.

the traps are good but when one mouse gets caught the others will notice and stay away.

i don't use poison because i have pets

i had a barn cat once and it clawed the seat of my lawn mower up, so i wouldn't try that

hope you figure it out.

Last edited:
I used moth ball once they pitted some of the chrome an had a moth ball smell in the leather . So i got some of the rodent blocks from the co op an placed them in corners of the shop no more mice .Every spring i replace the old blocks with new ones I have not had a rodent of any type in 5 years. Good luck

have you tried glue traps? get the big ones for rats and use the peanut butter. these will snatch a mouse and hold 'em tight. i get mice in the top of the garage. only problem i have is the dogs get the traps stuck to their snout.

Back